Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Need help resizing non-smartgwt component when it becomes smaller than on page-load

Hello. My problem: I have a Google MapWidget. That i have in a Hlayout. I want to resize it when browser changes size. But, i can only make it expand and collapse from the initial width/height. If becomes larger, the layout&map expands, if it then shrinks it shrinks until it has the initial size upon page load, then it stays that way.

If i don't add the mapwidget as a child in the layout, it expands and shrinks as expected. But if i add the mapwidget, i stop getting resize calls whenever the layout becomes smaller than initial.
    (as you can see i'm calling addChild, but i couldn't see any difference with addMember)

I am hoping that someone has an idea as to how i can fix this. My class below:

Code:
    public class MapLayout extends HLayout {

protected MapWidget map;

public MapLayout(final String mapId, String circleFillColour, double circleOpacity, MapOptions options) {
            setID(mapId);

//we want to make sure that the map always takes up the entire layout, since it doesn't scale automatically.
            addResizedHandler(e -> {
                map.setPixelSize(getWidth(), getHeight());
                map.triggerResize();
            });

//i have tried lots of different variants here, which hasn't made it work. 
            setMinWidth(50);
            setMinHeight(50);
            setWidth100();
            setHeight100();
            setBorder("3px solid blue");
            setMargin(0);
            setPadding(0);
            setMembersMargin(0);

this.circleFillColour = circleFillColour;
            this.circleOpacity = circleOpacity;

map = createMap((options != null ? options : MapConstants.getDefaultOptions()));
            map.setWidth("100%");
            map.setHeight("100%");
            setCenter(MapConstants.DEFAULT_LAT, MapConstants.DEFAULT_LON);
            addChild(map);
        }

It looks like you haven't read the DOM Integration overview, which provides a whole set of strategies for situations like this. Pay close attention to the Overflow handling section as well.

Comment

Working...
    X