Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

setCanDragSelectText not works in IE11

I am using smartgwtpro 4.1.b20150227

I have called these two methods for a listgrid, however, select & copy works in Chrome, but not works in IE11

setCanSelectText(true);
    setCanDragSelectText(true);

well, I also tested smartclient version in demo page (http://www.smartclient.com/#columnOrder ) by :

canSelectText:true,
    canDragSelectText : true,

it works in Chrome, but failed in IE11 too

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-06-23/Pro Deployment (built 2015-06-23)

I have the same problem in IE10, I can't select the text in the listgrid even though i have setCanDragSelectText(true).
    It works in Chrome and FireFox.

Test Case:
    Code:
    ListGridRecord data = new ListGridRecord();
    data.setAttribute("test", "Test text");

ListGrid grid = new ListGrid();
    grid.setCanDragSelectText(true);
    grid.setFields(new ListGridField("test"));
    grid.setData(data);

Comment

Drag selection doesn't work in ListGrids, because dragging has different meaning (reorder rows, drag data out, start scrolling in drag scrolling mode, for example).

Note that, even if you had a grid that has none of these features enabled, you still don't want to use a drag gesture for text selection, because that approach won't work on mobile.

Comment

Because we have the same issue with selecting text in Listgrids in IE 10/11, what's the solution for this IE issue?
        Last edited by thorsten.haefner@partner.qatools.de; 31 Jul 2015, 04:41.

Comment

The solution is to read the message above from Isomorphic.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't understand your reply nor your solution.

Fact is, we want to select text in listgrids which is working fine in firefox and chrome but doesn't work in IE.

The main error is not that drag selection does not work, the main error is that the whole text selection doesn't work.

Solution can't be that setCanSelectText(true) does not work in IE.

Comment

While investigating an unrelated issue, we found out that IE stopped allowing text selection in read-only fields in grids due to a workaround necessary for screen reader mode. We've made a change so that this workaround is only active in screen reader mode, which should resolve the problems reported on this thread.

However, as previously indicated, drag selection of text inside grids conflicts with mobile support, as well as any other use of dragging in grids, so we don't recommend relying on it.

Comment

Working...
              X