Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• benjaminberry
    replied
    I've added DSrequest to the signatures and made operations that don't have endpoints defined fall back to the default behavior. I also corrected a bug in the add dispatching while in bulk mode and removed some dead code.

nlotz:

That makes sense, how can I get this code into extensions?

roar:

In fact my backend only stores Stocks which only have names. Whenever I fetch from the backend I create StockPrices with random price data in the other two fields. You're right that it's not the most realistic example in the world.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mnenchev
    replied
    Where are those gwt extensions? I could not check out any thing!

Originally posted by nlotz
    Could you add that to smartgwt-extensions ?
    http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt-extensions

I could set up automated builds plus a Maven repository, enabling us to get updates automatically.

Leave a comment:

• Przemeq
    replied
    Can you provide any example, how to pass startrow, endrow parameter from datasource to callback, please?

My result contains more than 50k rows, and it hangs browser.

Leave a comment:

• btekab
    replied
    How about TreeGrids?

Has anybody been able to make this work with TreeGrid?

Leave a comment:

• bitblaster
    replied
    Pagination and filters

Hi, I'm using this solution and it's quite stable and simple. But I haven't still figured out how I can manage pagination and filters in the fetch endpoint.
    Can someone give me some hints about this.
    Thank you

Bit

Leave a comment:

• roar
    replied
    In the example code, the addStock and editStock methods only take the stock symbol as parameter, like this:
    Code:
     stockService.addStock(record.getAttribute("symbol"), callback);     

stockService.editStock(record.getAttributeAsInt("id"), record.getAttribute("symbol"), callback);
    As far as I see, the stock service will not be able to edit or create stock prices with this information only.

Wouldn't the example be more realistic if those methods took a StockPrice object instead, created inside the callEndpoint methods? Or is it something I missed?

Leave a comment:

• nlotz
    replied
    Originally posted by benjaminberry
    I plan to post a revised version this weekend.
    Could you add that to smartgwt-extensions ?
    http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt-extensions

I could set up automated builds plus a Maven repository, enabling us to get updates automatically.

Leave a comment:

• benjaminberry
    replied
    Impiastro,

You're right there is a bug there. More broadly things don't behave correctly if remove/add/update is used and no endpoint (or the endpoint does not use the callback) is set. I will update the base class to correct this problem.

Mihai007,

I haven't tried myself but this was something I wanted to look into this weekend.

I plan to change the signature of callEndpoint to make the DSRequest available to the callbacks in case the request is used for advanced control. I plan to change the signature for remove/add/update so that the record or record array are available outside of the parameters list so that you can use the same indices for input and output. I also left some embarrassing dead code in that I need to pull out.

If anyone has any other use cases it would be interesting to consider let me know. I plan to post a revised version this weekend.

Benjamin

Leave a comment:

• mihai007
    replied
    do you think this could be used to lazy load records only when displaying them?

Leave a comment:

• impiastro
    replied
    I found the problem

Just call:

Code:
    callback.onSuccess(record);
    inside the method:

Code:
    setUpdateEndpoint(new GwtRpcDataSourceEndpoint<CategorieVociBase>() {

@Override
    			public void callEndpoint(AsyncCallback callback, Object... parameters) {
    				ListGridRecord record = (ListGridRecord) parameters[0];
    				callback.onSuccess(record);
    			}});

Leave a comment:

• impiastro
    replied
    Problems in updating DataSource

Thank you Benjamin for your code, I was searching this kind of solution in managing smartclient datasources.

So I used your code and created my DataSource extending GwtRpcDataSource<T>.

But now I have a strange problem...
    I have got a Panel with 2 tabs inside. The first tab contains a ListGrid attached to our DataSource called CategorieVociBaseDS (which extends GwtRpcDataSource<CategorieVociBase>). On double click on a record row another tab is opened with a dynamic form bounded to the same DataSource.
    At the bottom of the dynamic form there is a "save" button calling the form saveData method.

All endpoints seem correctly called but after changing a record in the dynamic form and saving the record the datasource seems not changed.
    So apparently I have a read only data source. The fetch populates correclty the list grid at the beginning but no other changes are tracked.

Any ideas about this behaviour?
    I attached CategorieVociBaseDS and CategorieVociPanel
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Thanks Ben, that's definitely the most complete and easiest to re-use example that anyone's posted to date. We'll mark this thread sticky.

Leave a comment:

• hickum
    replied
    Thank you for taking the time to do this. It is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• sjivan
    replied
    Thanks Benjamin, I'm sure other users will find this very useful.

Leave a comment:

• dfreire
    replied
    I've just tried it. It works nicely, and it makes my own "hack" seem overcomplicated.
    I will use this code while waiting for the official SmartGWT solution.

Thanks Ben, this is a nice effort for the community.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X