Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by smartgwt.dev
    Such a component doesn't exist in SmartGWT. If you really need it, you can sponsor the feature.
    Is there some way to integrate the SuggestBox with SmartGWT? I've briefly tried a couple of things but it's causing some visual rendering options.

Comment

Hi,
      I have two combo box items in my form. The value map for the first combo box item will be populated on load and the value map for the second combo box item will be populate based on the users selection in the 1st combo box item.
      Now, how do i fire a RPC call to fetch values for the second combo box item. I have added both change and changed event listeners to the first combo box item. Both the events are getting fired every time i type something in the combo box item and even upon selection.
      Is there a way to notify when the user selects a value from the value map so that i can fetch the value for the 2nd combo box using the first-selected value.
      i tried setting setChangeOnKeyPress to false and setAddUnknownValues to false. It dint help.

Comment

@karthikch53 See the DataBound Dependent Selects examples in the Showcase, they illustrate this exact use case.

@cdsmithmsp There's no reason to try to use the existing SuggestBox widget. setShowPickerIcon(false) on a ComboBoxItem to create the appearance of the SuggestBox.

Comment

One point to add:
          Change your Css file to put back the right border which disapear when removing the pickerIcon
          Code:
          .selectItemText, .selectItemTextError, .selectItemTextFocused, .selectItemTextDisabled {
              border-right: 1px solid #AAACB2 !important;
          }

Comment

Hi All,
            This is awesome feature to have. We are using smartclient 8.2, Just wanted to know that can we achieve this in smartclient also.

please suggest how we can achieve this..

Thanks in Advance !!

Dilip Gupta

Comment

Working...
            X