Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dynamic selection of an item in a SmartGWT dropdown list from QTP

Hi,

We are creating a web extensibility framework using QTP 10.0 to get the tool to support a smartGWT application. We are looking for assistance for dynamic selection of an item in a smargwt dropdown list from QTP/Selenium. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arun

8.0 includes support for Selenium including Selenium IDE and Remote Control. Download 8.0 nightlies here and look in smartclientSDK/tools/selenium for instructions.

Comment

Currently selecting the nth index of a select item directly using an scLocator is not supported. In order to select a specific item, it needs to be executed as two commands
      1) click command on the select picker
      2) click command on the select item

Use the Selenium Recorder to determine the Selenium commands for the above operations.

Comment

Originally posted by amarudh
        Hi,

We are creating a web extensibility framework using QTP 10.0 to get the tool to support a smartGWT application. We are looking for assistance for dynamic selection of an item in a smargwt dropdown list from QTP/Selenium. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
        Arun
        Are you building some utilities for QTP along the same lines as the user-extension.js for Selenium? If so it would be great if you can share your work, or contribute it to the project. I'm sure others will benefit from it.

Sanjiv

Comment

Originally posted by smartgwt.dev
          Currently selecting the nth index of a select item directly using an scLocator is not supported. In order to select a specific item, it needs to be executed as two commands
          1) click command on the select picker
          2) click command on the select item

Use the Selenium Recorder to determine the Selenium commands for the above operations.
          Thanks a bunch. We were uncertain to proceed this route with QTP. For dynamically selecting an item we traversed through listGrid Cells which is what the list items were.

Comment

Originally posted by sjivan
            Are you building some utilities for QTP along the same lines as the user-extension.js for Selenium? If so it would be great if you can share your work, or contribute it to the project. I'm sure others will benefit from it.

Sanjiv
            Will certainly Sanjiv..

We are creating custom controls and functions to assist with their usage in a QTP framework. Smarclient's Autotest.js came handy to get to the object methods with ...

Code:
                window.isc.AutoTest.getLocator(_elem);

Comment

Unique IDs for SmartGWT widgets?

Further, at this point we are still trying to get things working. Right now we are stuck with the ID’s changing everytime on smartgwt widgets, which causes QTP to use index to identify widgets. Unfortunately that’s not working. Any ideas if we can set unique id’s on smartgwt widgets?

Comment

The BaseWidget class provides a SetID function. Many standard widgets also provide a setName function you can use for static identification properties in the end HTML.

Comment

Is QTP support available now for Smartclient 6.5? If so, what is the workaround? Thank you.

Comment

I am working a project similar to the original posting, May 2010, regarding dynamically accessing an ISC Drop Down selection from the option list. What's different in my case? It's important that I use JavaScript for dynamic selection and triggering of any events associated with the selected item. What are my, if any, options for accomplishing my task?

Thanking anyone who assist in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X