Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    The issue where CSS changes weren't exported has been fixed - and we've addressed the NavButton color issue you noted, and added some other variables around that widget (it shared some NavBar settings).

However, we haven't added a "Widget Header Background" because a Widget Header isn't really a thing - see Standard Header Background.

Those changes have been in 12.1 builds for a few days.

We've also, now, removed the ListGrid HeaderTitle attribute you mentioned and added several new stateful color-vars for HeaderButton - our stock skins don't use stateful headerButton text-colors, aside from disabled, but they're now supported in the skin editor.

You can test these latter changes in tomorrow's build.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 21 Oct 2019, 00:58.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Thanks - we see the _linkClicked() problem now, and it will be fixed for tomorrow's build.

We're taking a look at the save/export issue - at first glance, it seems like doing a manual compass compile from your exported skin's "template" dir will incorporate your changes - the export process is including the updated variable-values in _userSettings.scss, in the zip file, but apparently not including the recompiled skin_styles.css file. We'll update here when we sort this out.

ListGrid HeaderTitle is actually referenced by a no-longer-used css class - we'll remove it - and will add the others you mention.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    I forgot, some other variables you may consider adding:

- a "Widget Header Background” as there's only “Secondary Header Background”
    - "NavButton Color” there's “NavButton Selected Color” only

also, “ListGrid HeaderTitle Color” doesn't seem to work, I need to modify “ListGrid HeaderButton Color” to see an effect

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-14/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-14)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, when saving I see in the logs:
    Code:
    === 2019-10-14 15:25:31,214 [ec-3] DEBUG ISCSystem - executing command (no timeout): [sh, -c, compass compile /Users/bosticco/librerie/isc/12/SmartClient_SNAPSHOT_v121d_2019-10-14_Enterprise/smartclientSDK/isomorphic/skins/Stratus.tmp.46616@MacBook-Pro-2.local.16/template]
    but that temp folder doesn't get created.
    Then I export the skin, and in the skin_styles.css I don't see the changes I made.
    So I have to go to the template folder, and run "compass compile --force"
    Note that I need to specify --force, otherwise it won't write the skin_styles.css.

About the _linkClicked errors: I run the editor from /tools/skinTools/skinEditor.jsp, using Stratus as base skin, if I click "Standard Background" link, I get:
    Code:
    17:41:49.012:WARN:themeEditor:_getOpenList() does not exist: 
        _3._linkClicked(event=>[object MouseEvent], varName=>"$standard_bgColor") on [SkinVariableTree ID:themeEditor_colorTree] @ skinEditor.jsp:3638:74
        HTMLAnchorElement.onclick(event=>[object MouseEvent]) @ skinEditor.jsp:1:23
    and similar for every other link, it seems.

About the 'db' folder copy, I mean that I'm copying the db folder located in smartclientSDK⁩/WEB-INF⁩. Actually after more carefully testing, no, it doesn't work. In the attachment you may see what happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-14 17.51.09.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	259674

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    We still don't see the JS errors related to _linkClicked - it isn't clear to us how that particular failure can be possible - but we've added a null check and a diagnostic log, which is in today's builds. However, can you confirm which URL you're running the skin editor from, and can you be specific about which skin you're using as a base and which exact variable-link you're clicking?

On missing variables - we've fixed up the toolStripButton problem and added variables for the missing toolStripButton and GroupNode settings you mentioned. Note that, you may find other such 'missing' settings, because we don't provide variables for every conceivable customization - rather, there are largely only variables for settings that are actually configured differently across the included skins (the Flat series, Tahoe and newer). Feel free to continue to report any that you consider to be absent but necessary.

Compilation is supposed to happen when you click 'Save' - are you not seeing that?

There is not currently a supported mechanism for importing a skin made in an older version of SmartClient - we're not sure what you mean by copying the 'db' folder, or by that not 'always working' - can you confirm?
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 14 Oct 2019, 05:54.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    Also, I recall that in the former releases there was a 'Compile' button. Why is no more available, so I'm forced to compile manually?

I think also that the skin editor is lacking a feature to edit a previously made skin with a more recent build of SmartClient. For now I'm copying the 'db' folder, but it doesn't seem to work always, and I don't think that it's the supported way of doing it.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-10/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-10)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, actually I still see js errors when clicking the links:
    Code:
    18:12:39.639:TMR4:WARN:Log:TypeError: this.data._getOpenList is not a function
    Stack from error.stack:
        _3._linkClicked(<no args: exited>) on [SkinVariableTree ID:themeEditor_colorTree] @ skinEditor.jsp:3624:32
        HTMLAnchorElement.onclick(<no args: exited>) @ skinEditor.jsp:1:23

18:12:39.644:TMR4:WARN:Log:SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    Stack from error.stack:
    Also:
    - ToolStripButton Color doesn't seem to work, ie I don't see it reflected in the ToolStrip button
    - ToolStripButton Selected Color is missing (while ToolStripButton Selected Background is present)
    - ListGrid GroupNode Background is missing (there's only ListGrid GroupNode Text)

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    We've made some changes to deal with these issues - we added some new variables, including DetailViewer header-text color, and all links should now work (color-names like 'gray' shouldn't have been in use anyway).

Support has also been added for ColorItems in this usage to support "transparent" as a value - note that we'll be tweaking this facility shortly to deal with cascading the transparency to other variables that transform their parent value.

We also fixed a transform-parsing bug that resulted in strange purple colors being shown in the skinEditor for DetailViewer variables, and some others, although the final skin output was correct..

Finally, you no longer need to set advanced=1 in the URL to see all the colors - that was an oversight.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    ok, thanks for the pro-tip, I see the extra colors (though there's still a single color for the DetailViewer), but I still see the js errors when clicking the links.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    First of all - add advanced=1 to your URL - that will show a lot of extra colors, and will also fix many of the bad link clicks you mentioned.

We'll make a fix for transparent.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    Another little issue: in the Colors grid, if you enter editing of a cell with transparent as 'color', and then exit editing (not using Esc, but hitting Enter), actually it sets #000000 as a color, and also it's not possibile to set transparent (apart using undo)

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    Hello, another question which is more related to the skin design.

I noticed that for the DetailViewer there's a single 'DetailViewer color' for both the title (detailLabel style) and the value (detail style).

Actually in your skins the title and value background colors are always very similar, so this is not an issue.

But the background colors have two different values in the skinEditor grid, so it's possible to use two really different background colors, to the point where it's necessary to use also two different colors for the text.

I just noticed this for the DetailViewer, but maybe there are other similar cases.

So the question is: are you going to use separate setting in those cases? Or do you suggest another approach?

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    We'll take a look at both issues and update here when they're fixed.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-03/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-03)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, I forgot to mention another problem: in the Colors grid, if you click on a link as 'Standard border', you'll see a js error:
    Code:
    16:44:10.400:WARN:Log:TypeError: this.data._getOpenList is not a function
    Stack from error.stack:
        _3._linkClicked(<no args: exited>) on [SkinVariableTree ID:themeEditor_colorTree] @ skinEditor.jsp:3589:32
        HTMLAnchorElement.onclick(<no args: exited>) @ skinEditor.jsp:1:23

16:44:10.404:WARN:Log:SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    Stack from error.stack:
    while other links as 'gray' doesn't seem to have an effect

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-01/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-01)

I can confirm it's fixed, thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X