Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Listgrid - customize export value for listGridField of type "image"

Hi, I have a listGrid with "image" field, and I want to customize the values of this field when using listGrid.exportClientData()
    i.e, I want to use the 'prompt' value of the displayed image -> when the user exports the data to csv format.

How can I do that?

What will be exported is the content of the field at the moment the export is done. So to have the export differ from the normal display, you can have a formatter which is set up to check a variable that you set right before you call exportClientData(). Or you could temporarily change settings on fields, or temporarily hide fields and show others, etc.

Comment

you can have a formatter which is set up to check a variable that you set right before you call exportClientData()
      How exactly can I do that? I tried using formatCellValue() to return different values for this field (when exporting) with no success. It still being exported as empty strings.

Comment

All we can suggest here is to make sure your formatCellValue is being called and that you are actually returning the value you think you are.

If this approach is somehow not working, take one of our samples and demonstrate the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X