Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p Reference Docs "Type / Return Type" sorting

Hi Isomorphic,

I was looking for everything related to DSRequest in ListGrid. Doing so in the SmartGWT ListGrid-docs is time consuming, so I use the SmartClient Reference Docs version of the docs for many searches.
    The search there only is over method names, not return types, so I tried sorting by them, which is possible, but results in a strange sort (see screenshot).

Therefore I have an enhancement suggestion: Could you do either or both of this?
    • Fix the return type sort
    • Add an checkbox option similar to "Attributes", "Methods" named "Search return types", that also text-searches the return types and not just method names

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

Click image for larger version  Name:	ReferenceDocs.png Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	262465
    Last edited by Blama; 18 May 2020, 01:12. Reason: corrected wrong word, added link

The sorting problem should be resolved back to SC 12.0 in today's nightly builds, dated 2020-05-19.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the change, thanks. This will definitely help.

W.r.t e.g. : "Array of HeaderSpan" "headerSpans", a search here might help as well.
      Same for setters like void exportData ([requestProperties, callback]), where the parameter names itself would help a search (and even more their types
      • requestProperties (optional) - type: DSRequest
      • callback (optional) - type: DSCallback
      if that is possible).

These are minor wishlist suggestions.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Could you clarify your request here?

If you type in "HeaderSpan" as a search term you do hit properties that are type Array of HeaderSpan.

Likewise if you type in DSRequest you do hit methods, such as exportData, that take a argument of type DSRequest Properties. It's just far down the list since there are many methods that are (correctly) deemed more relevant to your search.

Comment

Working...
        X