Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Design errors when using SmartClient and Bootstrap Template together.

Hi,

SmartClient Version : v12.1p_2020-06-20
    Google Chrome Version : 83.0.4103.116

There is no error when i use only smartclient framework.
    But when I use it with Bootstrap Template, bootstrap.css crushes some features.
    And Design errors occur. I share screenshots for both of them.
    Is there a method for smartclient for this?

With Bootstrap.css
    Click image for larger version

Name:	withBootstrap.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	262974

Only SmartClientClick image for larger version

Name:	onlySmartClient.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	262975

Attached Files

This happens because Bootstrap uses the terrible practice of changing the basic behavior of basic HTML elements, for example, applying a style to add <td> elements anywhere. This interferes with the HTML created by any other system.

The only workaround is to reverse Bootstrap's styling under all SmartClient content, by applying styles to undo the damage.

Generally, not worth doing given that Bootstrap is mostly just simple CSS. What do you want from Bootstrap anyway?

Comment

We use https://colorlib.com/polygon/gentelella/ this bootstrap template and DevExpress Component in our project.
      But Devexpress elements very slowly for us. So we changed only grid system to SmartClient listGrid. Unfortunately, it has to continue like this now.

Comment

Start with SmartClient next time, we don’t break HTML for other frameworks :)

If you come up with a set of styles that reverses Bootstrap’s damage, it would be nice if you share it here, as others may be in a similar situation.

Comment

:) Absolutely, We will start with SmartClient..

Comment

Working...
          X