Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Smartclient v12 and v11 have problem with chrome v85 (last update now)

Hi everybody
    I have an RTL web application on smartclient 12, after updating chrome browser to last version (v85) my grid’s horizontal scrollbar has a major problem.
    It sticks on the left side of grid and doesn’t work.
    I’ve checked it on showcase page by adding direction to body and you can see it there so.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	4 Size:	163.3 KB ID:	263503
    Last edited by xakstar; 5 Sep 2020, 22:15.

Are you in an RTL locale?

What specific version (including build date) are you using? If you haven't tried the latest patched build (see smartclient.com/builds), please try it before posting again?

If can you reproduce this problem with the latest build, in a standalone test case (see Debugging overview in SmartClient Reference), we can take a look.

Comment

Yes I am, i've tested it from smartclinet v9 to v12.1p_2020-09-01 all the versions have the same problem. we don't have any problem with Firefox .
      I've checked debugging modal but i didn't figure out the causes.
      you can see this problem just by adding "direction:rtl" in body.
      Last edited by xakstar; 5 Sep 2020, 22:15.

Comment

Please re-read previous response - try the latest patched version, and show us a standalone test case that reproduces the problem (you didn't read the Debugging overview - it explains this).

Comment

please copy the standalone test case file attachment in showcase directory and open URL in chrome last update (v85). you will notice that horizontal scrollbar doesn't work, but in Firefox there is no problem.

http://localhost:8080/showcase/issue.html
          Attached Files

Comment

This file lacks a DOCTYPE declaration, which is required - see FAQ. Let us know if you have any problems after correcting your code.

Comment

I added the DOCTYPE to the file but problem still exists
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                This file lacks a DOCTYPE declaration, which is required - see FAQ. Let us know if you have any problems after correcting your code.
                Did you find any way to fix it? our customers just use google chrome because of some internal security policies and they have raised a blocker issue about this problem.

Comment

The latest update to Google Chrome (v85) has made a change to how scroll positions are handled in LTR browsers which caused this issue.
                  We've now made a change to address this issue in all SmartClient / SmartGWT branches from 9.1 to 13.0
                  The change will be present in the next nightly set of builds, dated September 8 or above

Regards
                  Isomorphic Software

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                    The latest update to Google Chrome (v85) has made a change to how scroll positions are handled in LTR browsers which caused this issue.
                    We've now made a change to address this issue in all SmartClient / SmartGWT branches from 9.1 to 13.0
                    The change will be present in the next nightly set of builds, dated September 8 or above

Regards
                    Isomorphic Software
                    Thanks

Comment

Can you please tell me which file did you fix for this problem?
                      Last edited by xakstar; 9 Sep 2020, 01:05.

Comment

Canvas.js, which becomes part of ISC_Core.js.

Comment

I download the latest version dated 2020-09-09
                          the scrollbar in RTL mode is appeaded in RTL but it does not respond
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	p.png
Views:	114
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	263538
                          Last edited by albashahmad; 9 Sep 2020, 23:46.

Comment

You don't need to do anything on a per-file basis, you just download the new build from smartclient.com/builds, and install it as usual.

However, elsewhere you have been posting about needing a fix for 9.1, which is long past end of life, where no new builds are available. We would not advise trying to fix this old version, as it is so old that it has multiple problems with modern browsers.

However, were you to try to attempt a patch on your own, Canvas.js becomes part of ISC_Core.js. If you look at the contents of Canvas.js across the last few builds of supported versions, you can see the relevant changes to work around the RTL changes in Chrome inside the internal method "_adjustScrollLeftForRTL", and from there you should be able to figure out how to make the corresponding adjustment to the stripped and obfuscated ISC_Core.js files from old 9.1 builds.

However, as a team that has been using the free version of our software for several years without purchasing anything from us, please don't ask for more help than this unless and until you have purchased our commercial services.

Comment

Working...
                            X