Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Shiva horizontal scrollbar icons

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-07-23/AllModules Development Only (built 2024-07-23)

Hello, I just noticed that in Shiva the horizontal scrollbar has the wrong "arrows":

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-07-23 18.19.57.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	273014

Hello, not really related to this issue, but it seems that on my machine (MacOS Sonoma 14.5) sometimes (I would say some days) I see native scrollbars and sometimes SmartClient's scrollbars.
    At first I thought it happened only in the showcase, so I thought that you were changing some setting between nightly build. Then I realized it happened also in my application, and seems browser-independent.
    I actually have screenshots of the same build showcase, but taken in different days, with native and SmartClient's scrollbars. I've taken them to rule out hallucinations.

Are you aware of something that could trigger this phenomenon, at least on MacOS?

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-08-29/AllModules Development Only (built 2024-08-29)

Hello, this is still open, and yes, today I see scrollbars, both Safari, Chrome and Firefox :confused:

Comment

Hi!
        Thanks for the bump - this is not forgotten.
        The first issue is already assigned to a developer - no ETA yet but we'll follow up as progress is made.

We're not sure what's going on with the second issue you describe (sometimes seeing native scrollbars, sometimes SmartClient scrollbars).
        There is some logic in the framework to detect whether the page is loading in an environment where scrollbars are shown dynamically on demand, and this changes which scrollbars are displayed but typically this should only cause different appearances when you change browser (or change OS settings).
        You can turn this feature off via the nativeAutoHideScrollbars flag
        See the documentation for related features alwaysShowScrollbars and showCustomScrollbars

Let's keep this thread to the first issue going forward - the concrete problem with the wrong scroller button icon images in Shiva.
        If you encounter problems with nativeAutoHideScrollbars and related settings, or find a way to reproduce a case where our automatic "auto hide scrollbar detection" is misbehaving, can we ask that you start a new thread for that?

Thanks and regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hello, and thanks for the follow-up.

Regarding the issue where I sometimes see native scrollbars and other times SmartClient scrollbars, at first, I thought I might not be remembering correctly. Then I started wondering if I was going crazy, so I began saving screenshots :)

Now, after just rebooting my Mac, I see native scrollbars again.

Anyway, if I find anything more useful, I'll start a new thread. I'll also try to figure out if this happens only on my Mac.

Comment

Working...
          X