Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

filterEditorType ComboBoxItem is not working as Expected

Hi,

I am using Quick search on ListGrid (displaying top of the Grid) and below are the field definition :

<field>
    <name>facilityCode</name>
    <title>Facility</title>
    <type>text</type>
    <optionDataSource>facilityDSDMI</optionDataSource>
    <filterEditorType>ComboBoxItem</filterEditorType>

<required>true</required>
    <valueField>facilityCode</valueField>
    <prompt>Facility</prompt>
    <displayField>facilityCode</displayField>
    <autoFetchDisplayMap>false</autoFetchDisplayMap>
    <allowEmptyValue>false</allowEmptyValue>
    filterEditorProperties operator ="iContains"/>
    </field>

The requirement is, User can type in the Facility Dropdown instead of selecting value from drop down. To achieve this, used <filterEditorType>ComboBoxItem</filterEditorType> .

First time whenever user enter value in the Facility , List Grid is displaying data based on the substing entered in the Facility.

Next time if user search by Facility, it is not working even request is not going to backend. Also in both the cases the Search value is not displaying in the Facility Dropdown.

If I refresh the search, it seems all the search criteria mentioned before is appending into the criteria :

FYI:
    criteria:[
    {
    fieldName:"facilityCode",
    operator:"iStartsWith",
    value:"abc"
    },
    {
    value:"xyz"
    }
    ]

Please let me know how to fix the issue?. Let me know if any other details required from my side.

SC Version :
    SmartClient Version: v9.0p_2013-08-16/Enterprise Development Only (built 2013-08-16)

Thanks !!!

Please read the documentation for ListGird.fetchData including the link to ResultSet and the Adaptive Filter example. If you return results that appear to allow further filtering to take place on the client, the server will not be contacted as criteria change. This is correct behavior; see ResultSet.useClientFiltering (settable via listGrid.dataProperties) if you need to disable this due to issues with your server filtering behavior.

Comment

The issue is that when user searching using combo box item field by typing a value multiple times criteria is getting appended each time instead of latest search input to be used.

Below example shows when user have tried to search two times with the different value.

criteria:[
      {
      value:"abc"
      },
      {
      value:"xyz"
      }
      ]
      Last edited by spant; 7 Jan 2014, 12:08.

Comment

Sorry, this is not even close to an issue report that we can help with. Please read the message that the forums displays every time you post - a lot more information is required before someone will be able to help you.

Comment

Working...
        X