Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Positioning of SelectItem/ComboBoxItem pick list broken

In thread Improvement suggestion: Positioning of SelectItem / ComboBoxItem dropdown we were told back in 2012-09 that this issue was fixed. I'd like to present a test case that suggest this not be true for 3.1p v8.3p_2013-03-06/LGPL.

Code:
    public class SmartGwt implements EntryPoint {
      public void onModuleLoad() {
        VLayout layout = new VLayout();
        layout.setAlign(VerticalAlignment.BOTTOM);
        layout.setHeight100();
        String[] values = new String[]{"Lebowski ipsum dude, please!", "Is this your homework, Larry?",
            "Does this place look like I'm fucking married?", "This Chinaman who peed on my rug",
            "Another Caucasian, Gary.", "Vee belief in nossing, Lebowski!"};

ComboBoxItem comboBox = new ComboBoxItem("combo", "ComboBoxItem");
        comboBox.setValueMap(values);

SelectItem select = new SelectItem("select", "SelectItem");
        select.setValueMap(values);

DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();
        form.setFields(comboBox, select);

layout.addMember(form);
        layout.draw();
      }
    }
    If you open the SelectItem pick list it is positioned above the item. However, for the ComboBoxItem it covers the item (comboboxitem.png).

Similar behavior can be seen in the showcase (comboboxitems-showcase.png). There, also the behavior of the SelectItem pick list is questionable for small windows (selectitem-showcase.png). Rather than shrinking the pick list height to the view port height it disappears at the bottom.
    Attached Files

If this is being worked on it'd be nice to get a status update. Do you need more/other test cases?

Comment

I had the same problem when the picklist was expanded near the browser bottom. I had to restrict the picklist height.

Comment

This is being looked at. We'll keep you posted.

Comment

We believe this is now addressed in 4.0d / 3.1p
          Please try the next nightly build and let us know if you continue to have trouble with it.

Thanks
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
          X