Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGridField.addRecordClickHandler, Up/Down Arrow

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-08-31/Pro Deployment (built 2014-08-31)

Hello,

I have a RecordClickHandler on a ListGridField which performs some action. The problem is, when I use the Up and Down arrow to select records in the list, the RecordClickHandler fires and says my field is the field that was clicked, but it was not and I do not want the action to be performed in this case.

com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.ListGridField.addRecordClickHandler(RecordClickHandler)

I cannot change ListGrid setArrowKeyAction as I do want it to select the record. Is there any way in the ListGridField RecordClickHandler to know that the event is from an Up/Down arrow so I can ignore it?

I would have expected that the RecordClickEvent.getField() would return null in this case as no field was actually clicked on.

Thanks

To avoid my field level RecordClickHandler from executing in this case, I am using the following check now in the onRecordClick.

Code:
    String keyPressed = EventHandler.getKey();
    if (keyPressed != null) return;
    However, I still think it is not correct for a field level RecordClickEvent event to be fired in this case. From what I can see, it appears to fire the RecordClickEvent event for the first visible field in the list. Since fields can be re-ordered, the behaviour could change per field order simply because a field with a different RecordClickHandler was moved to the front.

Regards

Comment

Keyboard generated click events always report the first field where ListGridField.ignoreKeyboardClicks is not set to false.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thank you!
        What is the expected behaviour if all of our fields have ListGridField.ignoreKeyboardClicks:false?
        Regards

Comment

Clarification....did you mean:
          "Keyboard generated click events always report the first field where ListGridField.ignoreKeyboardClicks is not set to true."

Comment

Yes we did - the behavior is as the name would imply: If "true" the field won't be reported as the target of keyboard generated click events.
            If all fields have this property set, the reported column number will be -1. Calling code will have to handle the fact that this doesn't map to a field, so the record-click occurred but there's "target cell".

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Again, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
              X