Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Sending ListGrid data to clipboard

I am trying implement a 'Copy' button within my application that will send data from multiple grids/datasources to the (system) clipboard. I am using the LGPL version of SmartGWT. What is the best way to go about accomplishing this?

Plenty of examples in JavaScript - anything for Java?

Comment

There are new samples in 3.1d under Grids -> Copy & Paste that show doing this in order to copy grid cells to an Excel spreadsheet. Note they do not try to interact with the system clipboard directly - most browsers don't allow this due to security concerns.

Comment

I am under a deadline and this is really helpful!

Comment

I have checked through the entirity of the showcase 3.0 for Grids -> Copy & Paste, but no luck. Some help finding that example would be much appreciated.

Comment

Help is available in post #3 above - note 3.1d not 3.0. 3.1d builds are available from smartclient.com/builds.

Even if you are queasy about moving to the new version, the sample will help you figure out what to implement if you implement this feature yourself.

Comment

I have downloaded 3.1d as directed. I have opened a new project in IntelliJ just to view the code. Any help to getting to the correct project and code concerned would be really great. In the middle of a death march and I cannot find the sample code. I guess I would owe you a beer after this :-)

Comment

Maybe you're looking in the Pro/EE Showcase. These new samples don't require Pro+ Edition, they are in the LGPL Showcase that comes in the LGPL build.

Comment

I have seen some browser specific implementations using javascript anything for Java? Somebody at the top wants to see it done - so I don't mind doing a browser agent check.

Comment

We don't know if anyone has wrapped it in GWT Java, but if you've discovered a JavaScript implementation you want to use, just call it using JSNI (see core GWT docs for details).

Comment

Working...
                    X