Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT - DataSource integration with existing GWT RPC services

After playing around with the showcase samples and trying to understand the DataSource concept, I have still not figured out a way how to write a DataSource that is hooked up to existing GWT RPC services on the client.

I have a set of existing paged GWT RPC services simply returning POJOs that I would like to use as data provider for SmartGWT grids. I have tried to override the DataSource.fetchData() methods and access my RPC client services, but no luck there (the method was never actually called).

Is such an approach possible at all and what would be the best integration strategy?

Thanks a lot!

Hello jhasenbe,

The approach used for Google Gears offline integration would probably work for you. Essentially you can use transformResponse() to populate the DSResponse with your POJOs.

Comment

Great! Thanks a lot for that pointer.

Comment

I am also interested on how to integrate with GWT's RPC framework.

All the examples shown are not clear on how this can be achieve (maybe it doesn't?).

Developers here are coming from gwt-ext and there's support with GWT's RPC framework.

Comment

need more example for those first use the smartgwt users

Comment

It would be great if anyone could provide some examples for datasource rpc server binding approaches.

thanks a lot.

Comment

+1 - i think that's a great idea

Comment

Good idea

I also think that it would be a good idea to present gwt-rpc examples if it it is compatible.
                Thanks

Comment

Timeline

We're currently evaluating SmartGWT as platform for upcoming projects. It looks promising so far, but we'd like to see GWT-RPC support in there to prevent manual data conversions and have a kind-of more high-level development process.
                  Like stated here http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...hlight=gwt-rpc
                  we'll see support for this in upcoming nightlies.
                  It would be very interesting for us to see a more precise timeline to adopt our planning thereto.
                  Last edited by ect; 15 Dec 2008, 02:21.

Comment

+1, I think it would be great (and very helpful).

Comment

+++ Urgent to implement gwt-rpc integration

I think also that this integration is a must and is urgent for all of us.
                      I think that the team is working hard at it.
                      Courage.
                      Thanks

Comment

+1 here too.

This feature with an example would be very helpful.

Comment

Do we have any kind of time line for the GWT RPC integration? Thanks!

Comment

GWT-RPC support

+1 here too for GWT-RPC support with existing POJO-based services/data sources, along with documentation/migration guide/examples.

I'm kind of surprised this doesn't exist already, it's pretty critical for people wanting to migrate from gwt-ext. I think there's more than 2 or 3 developers waiting to see if this football gets handled, or fumbled.

Comment

me too !

Hello,

I think too that this kind of datasource is missing for now.
                              So, +1.

Currently, I'm working on a RestDatasource exposing a Rest service hosted by Spring fetching data from Hibernate.
                              Wish me luck :)

Regards,
                              Bertrand.

Comment

Working...
                              X