Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartClient and linux

I installed the lgpl version of smartclient with windows vista and had no problems. I am now trying to get the evaluation version running with ubuntu (which is new to me) and can't get it to load in firefox. I have set my JAVA_HOME path which verifies as /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0_20, changed localhost port to 8081 (also tried 8180) in start_embedded_server.sh and no proxies for localhost and I still get 'problem loading page' at http://localhost:8081/index.html. I've searched heavily online and can't find the solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by phoenix248; 30 Mar 2011, 10:34.

Originally posted by phoenix248
    I installed the lgpl version of smartclient with windows vista and had no problems. I am now trying to get the evaluation version running with ubuntu (which is new to me) and can't get it to load in firefox. I have set my JAVA_HOME path which verifies as /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0_20, changed localhost port to 8081 (also tried 8180) in start_embedded_server.sh and no proxies for localhost and I still get 'problem loading page' at http://localhost:8081/index.html. I've searched heavily online and can't find the solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I installed sun-java6-jre, sun-java6-jdk, and sun-java6-plugin.
    $ echo $JAVA_HOME
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

Still no luck.

Comment

Ubuntu 10.10

java version "1.6.0_24"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

Comment

For anyone who is new to linux like I am and runs into this problem in the future, the only way I have yet discovered to run smartclient with linux/ubuntu 10.10 is through the terminal. Navigate to directory containing start_embeded_server.sh and run
        Code:
         bash start_embedded_server.sh
        Leave terminal running. I'm sure there's a better way but at the moment I'm more interested in evaluating smartclient than learning all the inner workings of a new OS.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix248
          For anyone who is new to linux like I am and runs into this problem in the future, the only way I have yet discovered to run smartclient with linux/ubuntu 10.10 is through the terminal. Navigate to directory containing start_embeded_server.sh and run
          Code:
           bash start_embedded_server.sh
          Leave terminal running. I'm sure there's a better way but at the moment I'm more interested in evaluating smartclient than learning all the inner workings of a new OS.
          That's correct, you can also make it executable by doing

chmod +x start_embedded_server.sh

And then you can just type:

start_embedded_server.sh

But you have to do this in a terminal window pretty much.

Comment

Working...
          X