Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

helloworld.jsp gives an error

I am trying to follow along with the SmartClient Quick Start document on pages 21 and 22.

"helloworld.html" worked just fine (hey, that is cool!). "helloworld.jsp" and "helloworldXML.jsp" both generate an error similar to what I pasted at the end of this message.

I am using the "smartclient_sc_snapshot-2011-01-06_lgpl" that I just downloaded a couple of hours ago.
    thanks!

Error follows:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/examples/isomorphic" not found
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:51)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:116)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:160)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:424)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:493)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1557)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:127)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:212)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:101)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:156)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:296)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:277)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:265)
    org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:564)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:299)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:315)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 logs.
    Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

That exception is strange and doesn't seem like it would come from the helloworld files, but note, .jsp-based functionality such as the <loadISC> JSP tag are part of the SmartClient Server, and not included in the LGPL edition. See the Editions & Pricing page for details.

Comment

It might be a good idea to put this somewhere on page 19 (where you say jsp is the preferred method, in "SmartClient_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf") as I bet others have experienced this problem and just assumed their installation did not work.

Thanks for letting me know.

I went through a bunch of other samples and this stuff looks really easy!

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X