Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to develop a web application

we found that Smart client is good for only single page application .Is this true ?
    what does it mean?
    Can we navigate thriugh one html to another html?

As of my understanding, its an application, where all functionality is implemented in one page, i.e, all javascript related whole application is downloaded to browser and you can navigate to different workflows or views using menus which just changes (replaces) the current view visible on the browser and no need to change the entire html page.

Initial page load may take a while but afterwords it will be faster.

But i am also started exploring it indetail.

I am developing an application which is standard web application and using Spring, Hibernate, tiles, maven and I am planning to use SmartGWT for some modules (Like User Admin etc).

My planned approach is to include This module java script to only admin page where the SmartGWT view will fill the Body part of the Tile all other footer, header and menu will be as usual, only body will be filled with SmartGWT components.

I am assuming this way allows me to keep my total application layout consistent.

Comment

we found that Smart client is good for only single page application .Is this true ?
      what does it mean?

Can we navigate thriugh one html to another html?
      Why you would do that, if that is what rich internet aplications try to avoid?
      This RIA FRAMEWORK CAN navigate through pages but this is not the idea, and i think is not made for that
      the concept of this framework is reduce for example the load bad performance of a page..
      so that is why works why javascript and ajax..

but i think u have a bad concept of the app..
      Because for example you can make a menu and containar(inside a iframe) and to items of the menu
      put action to load N page in the iframe of a containar.. yes u can do that but is very odd

The idea is you make a panel SOUTH,NORTH,EASTE,W.,CENTER.. the u make MODULES and in easte panel
      add a menu who loads N module in the center panel..my english is not so good so i have no time to explain a lot
      but the idea of this software is reduce the load page charge, reduce load time page, and a lot more..

So basically "for only single page application" have no sense, because if ONE LOAD TIME("1 page")
      but with any hundreds modules(pages) diferentes, that dependes on you and ur app logic

Comment

Working...
      X