Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error when start Visual Builder

According all instructions tried to run VisualBuilder.
    Got an error message: "Transport error - HTTP code: 404 for URL: viewRepos.xml"
    Sometimes it comes with defaultComponents.xml, customComponents.xml or globalDependencies.xml
    All frames of VisualBuilder are empty after that.

smartgwtee-2.5
    Eclipse 3.6
    GWT 2.3
    AppEngine 1.5.2
    Chrome 12 (last build)

Tried to to include them in <static-files> in appengine-web.xml, as it appeared in console. Did not make any change (same error and messages in console)

Don't use Chrome in hosted mode (see FAQ). As far as those missing files, this seems to be impossible given that you have at least some of the Visual Builder files (eg index.jsp) so you should look for unusual causes such as your disk being full (preventing a full copy) or the GAE engine not accepting all files.

Comment

With IE8 even worse - the same error with referenceDocs.xml and no any frame of VisualBuilder showed up.
      60 Gb free on disk and likely no other causes I could blame.

Comment

The way this works is that the GWT compiler copies resources from smartgwtee.jar based on the <inherits> in your .gwt.xml. Make sure your inherits are correct based on the installation instructions that the QuickStart Guide refers you to. Beyond that, you're reporting that the GWT compiler just doesn't work for you, not much we help with there (it works for everyone else).

Comment

All required xml files are in war\GAEDS_js\tools\visualBuilder directory. So, GWT Compiler does his work well.
          I've checked all settings several times. (in fact I've tried run Visual Builder from a sample DS-GAE project - so most of the settings are already there)

Comment

Well at this point you've said two things: 1) the files are there 2) they're not. Let us know when you have more information :)

Comment

To be exact, I've said that files are there, but VisualBuilder can't find them.

Comment

Sorry, that doesn't make much sense. You're reporting a 404 for a reference to a file in the same folder in smartgwtee.jar, hence, it's not there.

Comment

Working...
                X