X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartClient 8.1 Client-Side Installation

Browser: Firefox 3.6.22 and Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
    SmartClient Version: 8.1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I'm attempting to try the SmartClient Featured Samples on my local Apache server. I'm only interested in trying client-side development for now, so I've copied the isomorphic directory to the Apache webroot as instructed in the Deploying SmartClient section of the documentation. Opening the main Featured Samples Welcome page works fine, however, when I try clicking on simple demos such as Hello World, Hello World (styling), or Hello You (form), the main window only brings up an empty View tab section with no JScript code or implemented demo. I try the same demos on either browser off the Isomorphic Software demo server, and the demos work fine. What can I do to make the demos function as they should on my web server?
    Last edited by JoJeff; 7 Sep 2011, 21:23.

Install the server. The example viewing shell requires it, although any individual sample that does not involve server functionality will run fine if separated from the example viewing shell.

Overall, it's not a good idea to try to evaluate the client separately if you think you might ultimately use the server. See "Evaluating SmartClient" in the QuickStart Guide for why.

Comment

I already have Apache Version 2.2.19 Installed on my system. Do I have to install Apache Tomcat 5.0 to get the example viewing shell running or can I just install the Java SDK 1.5/5.0 along with the HSQL DB 1.7 Engine? My development OS platforms are Windows 7 as well as Unix. Both have Apache, however, I want to run the example viewing shell in Windows 7 which is carrying the version of Apache specified in the first sentence of this post.
      Last edited by JoJeff; 11 Sep 2011, 15:41.

Comment

In the readme file it tells you to run start_embedded_server.bat (or its equivalent for Unix/Linux/MacOS). That's all you have to do, you're radically over-complicating things :)

Comment

Working...
        X