Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Selenium cannot exercise scLocators (autWindow is undefined)

I have searched extensively to solve a simple problem. I am trying to simply demonstrate Selenium IDE exercising a screen in the SmartGWT Showcase.
    I must be overlooking something obvious.

Here is what I have done so far:
    1) Install Selenium IDE (1.3.0) with Firefox 3.6.23. Selenium works OK for other web pages.
    2) Download and unpack smartgwtee-2.5.zip.
    3) Configure Selenium IDE to use the SmartGWT "user-extensions.js" file.
    Also set "Selenium IDE extensions" to use the "user-extensions-ide.js" file.
    4) Use Selenium IDE to record a short script on the SmartGWT EE showcase and verify that the locators look correct, e.g.
    <td>click</td>
    <td>scLocator=//IButton[ID=&quot;isc_IButton_1&quot;]/</td>
    <td></td>

So far, this looks good. It appears that Selenium IDE is correctly using the "user-extensions.js" to identify the components in the GUI.

However, when I playback this simple command
    click scLocator=//IButton[ID="isc_IButton_1"]/
    it shows the following log in Selenium IDE:

# [info] Executing: |click | scLocator=//IButton[ID="isc_IButton_1"]/ | |
    # [info] Located in doScClick : scLocator=//IButton[ID="isc_IButton_1"]/
    # [debug] modifyWindow seleniumMarker1319776224691:selenium1319776224694
    # [debug] _getFrameElement: frameElement=null
    # [debug] modifySeparateTestWindowToDetectPageLoads: already polling this window: selenium1319776224694
    # [debug] modifyWindow seleniumMarker1319776224691:undefined
    # [debug] _getFrameElement: frameElement=[object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLIFrameElement]]
    # [debug] frameElement.name=
    # [debug] modifySeparateTestWindowToDetectPageLoads: already polling this window: selenium1319776224704
    # [debug] modifyWindow seleniumMarker1319776224691:undefined
    # [debug] _getFrameElement: frameElement=[object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLIFrameElement]]
    # [debug] frameElement.name=
    # [debug] modifySeparateTestWindowToDetectPageLoads: already polling this window: selenium1319776224714
    # [debug] getCurrentWindow newPageLoaded = false
    # [debug] Locate Element with SC Locator=//IButton[ID="isc_IButton_1"]/, inDocument=[object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLDocument]], inWindow=http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#featured_complete_app
    # [error] Unexpected Exception: message -> autWindow is undefined, fileName -> chrome://selenium-ide/content/tools.js -> file:///C:/SmartGWT/smartgwtee-2.5/selenium/user-extensions.js, lineNumber -> 72, stack -> ("//IButton[ID=\"isc_IButton_1\"]/",[object XPCNativeWrapper],[object XPCNativeWrapper])@chrome://selenium-ide/content/tools.js -> file:///C:/SmartGWT/smartgwtee-2.5/selenium/user-extensions.js:72 ("sclocator","//IButton[ID=\"isc_IButton_1\"]/",[object XPCNativeWrapper],[object XPCNativeWrapper])@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js:1295 ("sclocator","//IButton[ID=\"isc_IButton_1\"]/",[object XPCNativeWrapper],[object XPCNativeWrapper])@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js:1466 ([object Object],[object XPCNativeWrapper])@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js:1493 ("scLocator=//IButton[ID=\"isc_IButton_1\"]/")@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js:1505 ("scLocator=//IButton[ID=\"isc_IButton_1\"]/","")@chrome://selenium-ide/content/tools.js -> file:///C:/SmartGWT/smartgwtee-2.5/selenium/user-extensions.js:119 ("scLocator=//IButton[ID=\"isc_IButton_1\"]/","")@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/htmlutils.js:60 ([object Object],[object Object])@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-commandhandlers.js:310 ()@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-executionloop.js:112 (37)@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/selenium-executionloop.js:78 (37)@chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium-core/scripts/htmlutils.js:60 , name -> TypeError
    # [debug] testComplete: failed=false

Line 72 of user-extensions.js is:
    var autWindow = this.getAutWindow();

Found that getAutWindow() code fails at this statement:
    // If SmartClient isn't loaded on the target window, just bail.
    if (autWindow.isc == null) return;

So, it returns without defining a valid autWindow.
    At this point, I do not know enough to understand what might be wrong.
    I assume the SmartGWT Showcase is a SmartClient window, so I do not understand why getAutWindow fails.

Do you see anything obvious that I am overlooking?

Many thanks.
    Tom Tschappler

I'm embarrassed to find that my version of Firefox was VERY old.
    After updating FF, Selenium record and playback with SmartGWT works fine.
    Sorry for the noise.

Comment

We're glad you got it working!

Comment

Are we certain that the browser version is the issue? I just got the same error using 3.6.23. If that is the case then I'll look into getting a newer browser.

Comment

It was the problem for ttschapp, however, he did not mention what version he was on. Still there ttschapp?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
            It was the problem for ttschapp, however, he did not mention what version he was on. Still there ttschapp?
            I his first post he did mention using 3.6.23. I downloaded an updated version of firefox so I can execute my tests successfully now. Seems to not work with 3.6.23.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
              I his first post he did mention using 3.6.23. I downloaded an updated version of firefox so I can execute my tests successfully now. Seems to not work with 3.6.23.

Comment

I'm getting the same error.

What version of Firefox worked for you?

I'm using 7.0 with SmartGWT 4.0p 2013-10-05 and GWT 2.5.1

Comment

I'm using SmartClient Version v9.0p_2013-09-20 with Firefox 22 and 25 and I'm getting the same error:

[error] Unexpected Exception: TypeError: autWindow is undefined. fileName -> chrome://selenium-ide/content/tools.js -> file:///M:/Docs/user-extensions.js?1384274803865, lineNumber -> 82, columnNumber -> 0

Any update on this matter?

Thanks

Comment

We're not seeing any issues of this kind with recent Firefox.

If you are seeing the issue, we'll need a minimal, ready-to-run test case in order to investigate.

Comment

nice

I have searched extensively to solve a simple problem. I am trying to simply demonstrate Selenium IDE exercising a screen in the SmartGWT Showcase.

pass4sure.co.uk
                      https://www.facebook.com/ISCEvents
                      Last edited by nawaz50; 26 Nov 2014, 02:21.

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                        X