Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unable to access datasource with SmartGWT Pro 3.1d

I just completed my evaluation of the Visual Builder for Smart GWT 3.1 and decided to buy SmartGWT Pro 3.1d. After installing it as I did with the eval version, I receive errors that I did not when I used the eval version.

When trying to load an existing view or save a new one, I receive an error:

DataSource:Filesystem: attempt to use DataSource of type iscserver without SmartClient Server option.

Any idea why this is happening?

See the install instructions - this error message is in the troubleshooting section and indicates bad inherits.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
      See the install instructions - this error message is in the troubleshooting section and indicates bad inherits.
      I updated the Showcase.gwt.xml file under C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\showcase\WEB-INF\classes\com\smartgwt\sample\showcase so that it includes the suggested inherits.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN"
      "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
      <module rename-to="showcase">
      <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.SmartGwtProNoScript"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Drawing"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Charts"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.tools.Tools"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources"/>
      <entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.showcase.client.Showcase'/>
      </module>

I am still receiving the same error. Please reply.

Also, is there a way for me to get an extension on my eval copy so that I can continue to work until this issue is resolved?

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

See QuickStart Guide - don't start from the Showcase project.

Once you have your inherits right and you have started from an appropriate project, make sure to run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache.

Comment

Do I need to run this in an IDE? The eval version that I used for 60 days allowed me to copy the showcase.war file to my webapps directory and start the web server. The application was deployed and I was able to use it productively for 60 days without technical support.

I used the same installation process with the Pro version and have not been able to use it. Is there a way to get the Pro version to install and run like the eval version?

If not, is there a way for me to run the eval version using the Pro license?

I am not a developer. I am just trying to use Visual Builder as I did with the eval version. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

No, an IDE is not required, as with the Eval version, 'ant' build scripts are included.

Basically nothing is different in the installation process and all the same docs apply - you've simply done something differene this time, skipped a step or still have old files lying around. Just follow the instructions from the top; they work.

Comment

I receive the following error when attempting to compile and build the war file.

C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\smartgwtpro-3.1d\samples\built-in-ds>ant war
              Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\li
              b\tools.jar
              Buildfile: build.xml

libs:

javac:
              [javac] Compiling 3 source files to C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\smartgwtpro-3.1d
              \samples\built-in-ds\war\WEB-INF\classes

BUILD FAILED
              C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\smartgwtpro-3.1d\samples\built-in-ds\build.xml:37: Unabl
              e to find a javac compiler;
              com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
              Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
              It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6"

Total time: 0 seconds

The JAVA_HOME path is correct. Any thoughts?

Comment

Looks like you installed a JRE rather than a JDK. To compile Java projects, you'll need to have a JDK.

Comment

All set.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X