Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

License for Smartclient 8.2

Hi all, currently we are using Smartclient 5.6 on our application in the production environment. We are in process of migrating from Smartclient 5.6 to Smartclient 8.2 in couple of months. As part of this migration we wanted to know that as we migrate to the newer version of smartclient can we re-use the license for Smartclient 5.6. If it is not feasible and we do need to buy the new license for Smartclient 8.2 then can you please explain the changes in the code that need to be done to put the license in the system. Also is there any mail contact that we can get to discuss this further.

Thanks
    Pramod

There are no special upgrade steps, all versions of SmartClient are backwards compatible. However, you should read the release notes to find out about major changes.

Upgrading to a new version with an existing license generally gives you a discount, although 5.6 is very very old. Regardless, use the contact form to get started.

Comment

I have tried to reach out on the given list of email ids about the licensing but have not received any response for the same. Can you please provide me direct contact instead. my mail details are present in my profile

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X