Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Upgrading from eval to pro

Hello,

I have been using the eval edition with an Eclipse project. I have now bought the Pro edition and am trying to 'upgrade' my project to use it instead of the eval. I have removed SGWTEE_HOME classpath variable from Java-Build Path->Classpath Variable, and replaced it with SGWTPRO-HOME and pointed it at the root of the directory I unzipped it into (~/Documents/smartgwtpro-12.0p). I then went to my project and removed all the (many) SGWTEE entries and added the variable SGWTPRO_HOME. Now my source can't find any of the SmartGwt classes and doesn't know where to look.

I'm sure I'm doing something daft but I don't know how to fix it. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

We don't really know the details of your existing project setup, so we can't really help with an incremental change to it, but starting over with the installation instructions is sure to work.

Comment

I think it was because the SGWTPRO_HOME variable was not extended to list all the jars in my project class path. I noticed that when I created a new project based upon BuiltInDS then this seems to happen automatically.

Anyway, I have done as you suggested and started again from scratch and doing okay.

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X