Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

LGPL and Java server side

Hi there!

The LGPL version of SmartClient 9.0 includes a Java server to get started quickly. It gets shipped with several Isomorphic jar files, which makes me wonder what is included and allowed to use on the server side.
    I assume that it's not the DataSource part that bridges it to JPA, Hibernate or SQL. It seems that servlets such as IDACall do get shipped. I tried to set up a web application with these jars included, added a datasource xml and the DataSourceLoader servlet just seems to work fine. However, using that datasource obviously pops up the message that it's not included in this version. I thought I'd try it, perhaps custom datasources were allowed. Would've saved me having to write a servlet that parses the request and sends back a response.

Also, the classes that belong to the taglib are shipped, but the file that defines them (iscTagLib.xml) is not.

Using the LGPL, are you allowed to used some parts of it, or nothing from these jars at all?

Thanks in advance for your response

The LGPL edition does not allow you to use any server-side functionality in your application. See SmartClient.com/product.

Comment

Working...
    X