Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problems starting Visual Builder

Hi,

I have just installed 'SmartClient_SNAPSHOT_v91d_2014-01-12_PowerEdition'. When I try to start Visual Builder it shows a message 'The framework class EditTree is only available for subclassing if isc.licenseType is "Enterprise" or "Eval". Continuing with the default super class." It doesn't matter if I click 'ok', the message doesn't dissappear. And it doesn't allow me to use Visual Builder. I have tried to run it on IE 10, Chrome 32.0.1700 and Mozzilla 4 (26.0). I had had no problems with previous versions.

What should I do to use Visual Builder?

Best regards,
    Ana

You appear to have stale resources under the "war" folder from previous versions of SmartGWT. Run a GWT compile to update them.

Comment

The problem still exists. SmartGWT 4.1 POWER (2014-03-11 nightly)

The problem with the visual builder still exists. To exclude errors in my application (mixed GWT versions) I have deployed the showcase.war which are provided with the Smart GWT Power Edition (2014-03-11 nightly) download. And I still gets the same error as ana.herreros. Please test it yourself with the power showcase.war (nigthly 2014-03-11).

Version from Developer Console: v9.1p_2014-03-11/PowerEdition (built 2014-03-11)
      Browsers: FireFox 26.0 and Chrome 33.0.1750.146

Comment

We already have.

Instructions to be sure you are loading the files you think you are in the FAQ.

Comment

Sorry but the FAQ doesn't help. We have the following situation:

The visual builder works perfectly fine with 3.1 and 4.0. When updating to version 4.1 it throws the previously mentioned license exception.

The same applies to the showcase.war. It works perfectly fine in the 3.1 and 4.0 showcase.war. But it does not work with the 4.1 showcase. We used for the test the showcase.war provided by Isomorphic (Built 2014-03-11).

Did you change some thing in the deployment, beside the requirements mentioned in the FAQ?
          Last edited by EISENMANN; 16 Mar 2014, 23:35.

Comment

I have new knowledge, it is definitely a problem of the Power Edition.

I made the following tests:
            1. The VisualBuilder of the showcase.war in the Smart GWT Evaluation Edition (2014-03-16 nightly) download works fine.

2. The VisualBuilder of the showcase.war in the Smart GWT Power Edition (2014-03-16 nightly) throws the license exception.

I think you have an compilation error in your SmartGWT Power edition package. Maybe you've forgotten some license files. Please can you check this?

Comment

Fixed in the nightly 2014-03-23 build.

Comment

Working...
              X