Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

tomcat deployment: url used by DataSource's load request

Hi all,

In SmarrtGWT, I am using DataSource.load("ds id") to load DataSource definitions dynamically. As far as I can tell, the request is always sent to
    "/isomorphic/DataSourceLoader".

However, I am running multiple web applications inside the same app server, so all stuff needs to go under the "/<my-app>/" dir.

Most auto-generated RPC calls honor the "isomorphicDir" JS setting, and thus work properly, but I can not find a way to configure a root URL for this specific call.

When running in GWT hosted mode, this is no problem, since I can just map any servlet anywhere I want.

But when deploying to Tomcat, I really need to be able to modify the URL the request is sent to.

How can I achieve this?
    Thank you for your help!

This has just been corrected. Please try the latest nightly of 8.0 (it sounds like you are already using an older nightly).

Comment

where to find nightly builds of SmartGWT-Pro / Power

No, until so far, I have been using the released 2.0 version of SmartGWT Pro.

Where can I find nightly builds for that?

(Or for something else which I can merge into it, if you tell me how...)

Comment

Nightly builds of SmartGWT EE are here.

Comment

I am using the licensed version.
          (Currently Pro, just payed for the upgrade to Power.)

Given my situation, how can I benefit from the latest development of SmartClient?

As far as I know, I am not supposed to mix things from my licensed Pro version and the EE eval version, right?

Comment

Please first try out the fix. If it works and you are close to deployment, then ask about an officially licensed build.

Comment

The fix solves my problem, and I need to deploy the app within a week. (I will have a chance to upgrade it a few times later.)

So, could you give me an estimate when can I expect an upgraded version of the official Power build?

(Obviously, stability is a priority here, so I do not want to rush things, but there are external factors limiting the amount of time I can wait.)

Comment

I will have to deploy a first version tomorrow, and since I have a Power license, I would prefer not having to use an Evaluation build for this.

Is there a chance that I can get a Power build in the near future?

(I am aware that releasing a new official version is a huge pain, so I do not expect you to to that. if nothing happens, I will keep using the nightly build for now, so from this state, even a "powerized" variant on an untested nightly build would be a step forward. Stability would be same, but at least it would not nag the clients about the evaluation)

Comment

Working...
                X