Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to use HLayout and VLayout to realize flextable

Hi there,

In Smartgwt, can I use HLayout and VLayout to realize flextable?

As my understanding, HLayout is like a row, VLayout is like a column, but how can I make alignment between different HLayout(row) or VLayout(column). Just like flextable does, certainly I don't want to assign the width(heigt) for all the memebers in HLayout(VLayout),

Thanks.

I am trying to do the same as you and am not really satisfied with rendering speed of a such table ( the tables I generate have approx 60-70 rows, which is not too much, IMHO). I assume that the reason for poor performances is that each of HLayout/VLayout is rendered as a DIV element, and rendering of a hierarchy of DIV elements is not as efficient as a HTML table. Even worse, rendering a table having approx 50 row produces often "unresponsive javascript" error, which makes the solution not applicable in production.

I was thinking about using GWT FlexTable to place needed SmartGWT widgets (FormItems), but this does not work either - it is documented in SmartGWT FAQ.

The reason why I am trying all this is due to my need to have a fully dynamic form, where an unknown number of fields can be added/removed at the runtime. I am building table-alike widget through a series of deferred commands, and at the very end, when the table is defined completely, I add it to parent canvas using addMember() method. After that, the browser usually becomes unresponsive for a while or if I am not lucky - I get "unresponsive javascript" error.

I have tried to minimize the time spent in the layout rendering by specifying widths in pixel, but I have not seen that this brings something.

Then, an another idea was to use ListGrid and place my widgets in the right cells, but I am currently blocked due to the issue described in this thread http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=11767 Furthermore, it seems to me that it is not possible to add/remove widgets in a cell at runtime, after row has been rendered.

This is my experience with the topic so far. Any other hints for speeding up the rendering process of avoiding "unresponsive javascript" messages?

Best,

Predrag

Comment

Working...
    X