Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT tries to get a missing image with IE8

I'm trying to run an smartgwt-2.1 based app that's working perfectly with Firefox 3.6 and Chrome 4, but it doesn't work well in IE8. I've already switched to quirks mode and set the compatibility meta tag.

I was looking at the logs and this came up:

[WARN] 404 - GET /XXX/sc/skins/standard/images/blank.gif (127.0.0.1) 1437 bytes
    Request headers
    Accept: */*
    Referer: http://127.0.0.1:8888/XXX.jsp?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997
    Accept-Language: es-ar
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    Host: 127.0.0.1:8888
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Cookie: JSESSIONID=hx2yanx3fcwb
    Response headers
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    Content-Length: 1437

It seems it's trying to get an image from the standard skin, but I'm using Enterprise.

Yep. I can confirm this. Happens to mee to.

Comment

Please post your module xml file and any script includes that you have in your host html file.

Comment

Nevermind guys.

This is a know issue with IE8 when it's working in standards mode. Using quirks mode fixes the problem (either skipping the DOCTYPE declaration or using the new IE8 meta tag).

I went through the forum searching for "blank.gif" and several people had the same problem, and it seemed to be related to the order in which the scripts are loaded by the JavaScript implementation.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X