Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid with SummaryRowDataSource - strange behavior

Hello!
    I've got List grid with SummaryRowDataSource (see code below)
    I see non-optimal behavior of this grid:
    1) Right after creation grid fetches summary row two!!! times.
    2) Grid repeatedly fetches summary row on scroll each time when new portion of data is requested from server.
    In my case I need summary row to be fetched only once. How can I achieve that?

The code:
    Code:
    grid.setAutoFetchData(true);
    grid.setCanEdit(false);
    grid.setDataSource(StatisticsDS.getInstance());
    grid.setSummaryRowDataSource(SummaryStatisticsDS.getInstance());
    grid.setShowGridSummary(true);

Please show complete code for the grid where you are getting this behavior, and indicate all relevant versions.

Comment

If you set showGroupSummary to false it stops the double fetch of summary row when fetching data, however still calls the summaryrow fetch when paging.

I use grid criteria on initial fetch, via fetchData({ criteria });, i found that the summary row double fetch occurs if i use this only on the grid, if i set the gridSummaryCriteria to the same criteria, prior to fetch, then call the fetch( { criteria } ), it also removes the refetch of the summary on data paging.

Therefore i would suggest that the double fetch and refetch of the summary on paging issues must be relative to the criteria object passed to the summaryrow datasource on table fetch/creation, in my case the criteria are the same however i have to explicitly set the summaryrowcriteria in the create method of the table.

I'll send the test case over today.

PS. i use RESTDATASOURCE's for everything as i use PHP... hence i'm only testing RESTDATASOURCE's not other datasources.
      Last edited by mscott; 3 Jan 2011, 03:24.

Comment

Working...
      X