Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TimeZone Conversion In SmartGWT Client DateItem

Hi

I have a problem, My Server is running on America/Los_Angeles time zone , Clients are in different time zone lets say Asia/Calcutta. Server send a timestamp say "Mar/10/2010 00:00:00" problem is i don't want the dateitem to convert the date to native browser timezone that is Asia/Calcutta . I want to dateitem should select the date which is send by the server.

I tryied with DateUtil.setDefaultDisplayTimezone() but does't work.

Any help or suggestions

thanks
    Anburaj.p

Hi Anburaj,
    I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any solution for this?

Thanks

Comment

I'm also searching for a solution for this.
      Is there any solution found since May ?

Comment

Other threads on this have ended with the conclusion that there is no bug and the setDefaultDisplayTimezone API works properly. If you think there's an issue, try creating a standalone test case.

Comment

Ok, I've searched about that and here is what I found :

I use this in, the firs lines of my onModuleLoad method :
          DateUtil.setDefaultDisplayTimezone("+00:00");
          DateUtil.setAdjustForDST(false);

But when I select a date (for example 17/11/2010), it is the value 2010-11-16T23:00:00 that is really sent to the server.
          I tried to change the DefaultDisplayTimeZone and AdjustforDST but nothing change ... anyone have an idea ?

Comment

What version of SmartGwt are you using? We are using smartgwt 2.2 and GWT 2.0.4 and we have similar problems. We are calling

DateUtil.setDefaultDisplayTimezone("-07:00");

but we get back +07:00.

In my onModuleLoad I do two things...

DateUtil.setDefaultDisplayTimezone("-07:00");
            Time.getDefaultDisplayTimezone()

And it's set to +07:00.

Comment

We are using Smart GWT Pro 2.3, nightly build from November 16, 2010 and GWT 2.0.3...

Comment

Can you please support my developer Romain on this issue because we have to deploy a version for our client end of this week?

It seems that
                DateUtil.setDefaultDisplayTimezone();
                Time.getDefaultDisplayTimezone()

does not work properly.
                Can you do your maximum to help us?

Benoît

Comment

This should now be resolved (Fix will be present in the next nightly build)
                  Please let us know if you continue to see the problem.

Also for clarification - you say you are calling Time.getDefaultDisplayTimezone() - do you mean you are calling that method in JavaScript on the JS isc.Time object?

Comment

I just don't use any time Object, I only want to set a default Timezone on my date Item with the DateUtil API.
                    I will try it tommorow with the last nightly and let you know the result.

Comment

Today's nightly build generates an error:
                      Code:
                      [INFO]    Scanning for additional dependencies: jar:file:/C:/Java/m2repo/com/smartgwt/smartgwt/2.3.241110/smartgwt-2.3.241110.jar!/com/smartgwt/client/util/I18nUtil.java
                      [INFO]       Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages'
                      [INFO]          Rebinding com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages
                      [INFO]             Invoking com.google.gwt.dev.javac.StandardGeneratorContext@1362948
                      [INFO]                Processing interface com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages
                      [INFO]                   Generating method body for multiFilePicker_emptyMessage()
                      [INFO]                      [ERROR] Unterminated single quote: Cliquer sur l'icône pour ajouter...
                      [INFO] java.text.ParseException: Unterminated single quote: Cliquer sur l'icône pour ajouter...
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.MessageFormatParser.parse(MessageFormatParser.java:233)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.MessagesMethodCreator.generateString(MessagesMethodCreator.java:452)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.MessagesMethodCreator.createMethodFor(MessagesMethodCreator.java:367)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.AbstractLocalizableImplCreator.delegateToCreator(AbstractLocalizableImplCreator.java:313)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.MessagesImplCreator.emitMethodBody(MessagesImplCreator.java:84)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.user.rebind.AbstractGeneratorClassCreator.genMethod(AbstractGeneratorClassCreator.java:265)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.user.rebind.AbstractGeneratorClassCreator.emitMethods(AbstractGeneratorClassCreator.java:233)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.user.rebind.AbstractGeneratorClassCreator.emitClass(AbstractGeneratorClassCreator.java:116)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.AbstractLocalizableImplCreator.generateConstantOrMessageClass(AbstractLocalizableImplCreator.java:137)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.LocalizableGenerator.generate(LocalizableGenerator.java:121)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.LocalizableGenerator.generate(LocalizableGenerator.java:98)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.StandardGeneratorContext.runGenerator(StandardGeneratorContext.java:418)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.RuleGenerateWith.realize(RuleGenerateWith.java:38)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle$Rebinder.tryRebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:108)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle$Rebinder.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:54)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:154)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:143)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile$DistillerRebindPermutationOracle.getAllPossibleRebindAnswers(Precompile.java:317)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.WebModeCompilerFrontEnd.doFindAdditionalTypesUsingRebinds(WebModeCompilerFrontEnd.java:95)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.AbstractCompiler$Sandbox$CompilerImpl.process(AbstractCompiler.java:200)
                      [INFO] 	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:444)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.AbstractCompiler$Sandbox$CompilerImpl.compile(AbstractCompiler.java:123)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.AbstractCompiler$Sandbox$CompilerImpl.compile(AbstractCompiler.java:234)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.AbstractCompiler$Sandbox$CompilerImpl.access$200(AbstractCompiler.java:109)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.AbstractCompiler.compile(AbstractCompiler.java:522)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.BasicWebModeCompiler.getCompilationUnitDeclarations(BasicWebModeCompiler.java:112)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jdt.WebModeCompilerFrontEnd.getCompilationUnitDeclarations(WebModeCompilerFrontEnd.java:47)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.precompile(JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:422)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaScriptCompiler.precompile(JavaScriptCompiler.java:32)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:522)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:414)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:201)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:152)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:87)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:81)
                      [INFO] 	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:159)
                      [INFO]    [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Java/m2repo/com/smartgwt/smartgwt/2.3.241110/smartgwt-2.3.241110.jar!/com/smartgwt/client/util/I18nUtil.java'
                      [INFO]       [ERROR] Line 31:  Failed to resolve 'com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages' via deferred binding
                      [INFO]    Scanning for additional dependencies: jar:file:/C:/Java/m2repo/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.0.3/gwt-user-2.0.3.jar!/com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/StringBuffer.java
                      [INFO]       [WARN] For the following type(s), generated source was never committed (did you forget to call commit()?)
                      [INFO]          [WARN] com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages_fr
                      [INFO]    [ERROR] Cannot proceed due to previous errors

line 364 of SmartGWTMessage_fr.properties and SmartGWTMessage_fr_FR.properties are not correct and should be : multiFilePicker_emptyMessage=Cliquer sur l\'\'icône pour ajouter...
                      Last edited by romain.vdk; 23 Nov 2010, 23:50.

Comment

The timezone bug is still present with the last nightly build.

Comment

Yes, Sorry about that. I was using a native method to call Time.getDefaultDisplayTimezone() just to clarify if it was set correctly.

Also, i do agree with romain that this issue it still present. And, in fact calling Time.getDefaultDisplayTimezone() gives me the correct value now, but the Date object that a date picker gives me is still incorrect. It seems like it is still using the browser timezone. In my case, I'm in America/Chicago timezone. If i set my timezone to -7:00 (America/Denver ) I would expect
                          Thu Nov 25 07:00:00 UTC 2010
                          but i get
                          Thu Nov 25 06:00:00 UTC 2010.

Am i correct in assuming this should be the correct behavior?

Comment

Use nightly builds from smartclient.com/builds, not SVN.

Comment

Here is the way we fixed this :
                              Code:
                                  /**
                                   * As SmartGwt converts date to GMT date, we want to send the dates as shown by the user so we have
                                   * to re-inject their time zones to the date
                                   * @param gmtDate the date we want to modify
                                   * @return the user time zoned date
                                   */
                                  public static Date getTimeZonedDate(Date gmtDate) {
                                      final String timezone = DateTimeFormat.getFormat("Z").format(new Date());
                                      int hours = 0, minutes = 0;
                                      boolean plus = true;
                                      Date modDate = null;
                                      if ( timezone.matches("^[+\\-]{1}[0-9]{4}$") )  {
                                          if ( '-' == timezone.charAt(0) ) plus = false;
                                          try {
                                              hours = Integer.parseInt(timezone.substring(1,3));
                                              minutes = Integer.parseInt(timezone.substring(3));
                                          }  catch ( NumberFormatException ex ) {}
                                          long hourLong = hours * 60 * 60 * 1000 ; // miliseconds conversion
                                          long minutesLong = minutes * 60 * 1000 ; // miliseconds conversion
                                          long modDateLong = gmtDate.getTime();
                                          if ( plus ) {
                                              modDateLong = modDateLong + hourLong + minutesLong ;
                                          } else {
                                              modDateLong = modDateLong - hourLong - minutesLong ; 
                                          }
                                          modDate = new Date(modDateLong);
                                      } else {
                                          modDate = gmtDate;
                                      }
                                      return modDate;
                                  }
                              We add the timezone to the current date before converting it so when smartgwt convert it to GMT time, we have the correct entered date sent to the server.

Comment

Working...
                              X