Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

What is the Proper Upgrade Process?

I have a project with a lot of snippets (and skins, etc.) taken from the samples that came with SmartGWTEE 2.0. When 2.1 was released, I tried to upgrade, due to some bug fixes I needed. I tried replacing all the JAR files (smartgwt, smartgwtee, and all the other jars in the lib directory), and everything seems to compile just fine. Everything seems to run ok for the most part. I see a message, however, in the logs:

Client is version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2010-03-09, server is version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2009-12-17 - mixing different client/server versions is generally not supported. If you've installed a more recent client version, try clearing the browser cache and reloading the page.

It's not the browser cache (I've cleared it). What else do I need to do, beyond swapping the JARs? Is there a set of upgrade instructions that I can't seem to find?

Thanks!

The upgrade instructions are just to run through the step by step installation again. That message definitely means that you either haven't updated both the client *and* server jars in your project, or your IDE has not deployed the new .jars for some reason.

Comment

Working...
    X