Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hi marbot,

I just tried to access your zip file at http://www.marbot.org/ListGridTest.zip and I get a page stating "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.". Is there any way you can post it elsewhere? Alternatively, if anyone still has this file from above, can they post it somewhere? maybe on http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/ ?

Comment

Hi Ron,

Just wondering why you'd pursue this? This would force you to build DTOs, create your own server validation, re-invent declarative security, and lots of similar extra effort.

Comment

The short answer is that there is another project I've been tasked to work on here that is pure GWT and it could really use a trivial ListGrid, but we really don't have the time to re-engineer it to use pro/ee on the server side. I was hoping to throw together something quick with smartgwt to show the benefit of this approach, but don't have the blessing to get another license just yet.

Comment

Hi Ron

ListGridTest.zip is back online.

Of course, Isomophic is right: it's really basic functionality, and it would be MUCH better to go for the EE/Pro version, which is worth every penny.

enjoy
          marbot
          Last edited by marbot; 4 Oct 2010, 12:51.

Comment

Gotcha. However, note that:

1) depending on how well factored the GWT-RPC services are, you might be able to just call them via DMI, leaving all the downstream code intact. This is likely to be lower effort.

2) licenses are scoped to the developer, so, as long as it's only you building and maintaining this portion of the new application, you can introduce Pro/EE into the project. But yes, if they then wanted to maintain it without you, then they'd need a license.

Comment

marbot,

Thanks, I got it.

Isomorphic,

I hadn't though of this, and I'll see if that is reasonable to do. I'll be sure to let them know about the licensing.

Comment

Nice work :)
                I'm working with hibernate, is it possible to work with complex entity?
                For example, Employee that has a set of Address (Set<Address>).

Thanks
                Dekel

Comment

Hi Marbot,

Thanks a lot for your work, it helped a lot.

I'm trying to implement server side paging using your code, but I have a small problem, paging seems to be disabled (data loaded entirely at launch) although I followed your procedure.

- the fetch method in the Service returns a GenericGwtRpcList and totalRows is also correctly set
                  - clientOnly set to false in GwtRpcDataSource
                  - Here's where I build the listgrid :
                  Code:
                          statisticsGrid.setWidth(1000);
                          statisticsGrid.setHeight(400);
                          statisticsGrid.setHeaderHeight(50);
                          statisticsGrid.setAutoFetchData(true);
                          statisticsGrid.setDataFetchMode(FetchMode.PAGED);
                          statisticsGrid.setShowAllRecords(false);
                          statisticsGrid.setDataPageSize(20);
                          statisticsGrid.setShowGridSummary(false);
                          statisticsGrid.setAlternateRecordStyles(true);
                          // no menu button on hover
                          statisticsGrid.setShowHeaderMenuButton(false);
                          // context menu?
                          statisticsGrid.setShowHeaderContextMenu(true);

statisticsGrid.setDataSource(ReportDS.getInstance());
                          statisticsGrid.setFields(tstArray.toArray(new ListGridField[0]));
                  What's weird is that there's a few ajax requests made at launch (without scrolling) and each of them have a different startrow and endrow.
                  1st request : startrow 0, endrow 20
                  2nd : 0, 30
                  3rd : 20, 48
                  4th : 38, 49
                  The total rows is always 49.

This happens with IE8, FF 3.6, Chrome 8.
                  I use SmartGWT LGPL 2.1 but same problem occurs with 2.2 and 2.4 nightly build.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help, Nico.

Comment

All right, I found the answer.
                    The data I used were not enough, he was already getting all of them.
                    When I use more than 60 results, it works.

Comment

Hello guys!
                      This is an old post but I hope that someone is going to reply :-)

I've adapted the zip project to fit with TreeGrid instead of ListGrird.

So only the "YourEntryPoint" class has changed.

and within the "YourDataSource' class I changed the "getDataSourceFields" to fit with my object.

Code:
                      	@Override
                      	public List<DataSourceField> getDataSourceFields() {

List<DataSourceField> fields = new ArrayList<DataSourceField>();

DataSourceIntegerField riskIdField = new DataSourceIntegerField("riskId", "riskId");
                      		riskIdField.setHidden(true);
                      		riskIdField.setPrimaryKey(true);

DataSourceTextField labelField = new DataSourceTextField("label", "Label");
                      		labelField.setRequired(true);

DataSourceIntegerField parentIdField = new DataSourceIntegerField("parentId", "parentId");
                      		parentIdField.setRequired(true);
                      		parentIdField.setForeignKey("riskId");
                      		parentIdField.setRootValue("1");

setClientOnly(true);

setFields(riskIdField,labelField,parentIdField);

return fields;
                      	}
                      As far as I don't set the "setForeignKey", the treegrid works fine.
                      I can see the element appearing within the table but without parent/child node structure. They are all at the same leve. (that's normal)

But as soon as I set the "setForeignKey", I receive an uncaugh exception and my browser send me message saying smth like the script is running slowly. Would you like to stop the script.

Code:
                      14:58:30.593 [ERROR][listgridtest] Uncaught exception escaped
                      com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error): Unknown failure
                       description: Unknown failure
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:195)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:507)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                          at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
                          at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:188)
                          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessages(BrowserChannel.java:1668)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:401)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
                          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
                      Thanks in advance for your help :-)
                      Last edited by mouchard; 23 May 2011, 05:20.

Comment

Hi Marbot, i just imported the ListGridTest project to test in Eclipse and i get the following errors:

Code:
                        [ERROR][listgridtest] - 00:19:24.292:WARN:RPCManager:Error performing rpcRequest: error: FAILURE, response: {clientContext: Obj,status: -1,context: undef,startRow: 0,endRow: 0,totalRows: 0}
                        [ERROR][listgridtest] - 00:19:24.295:RDQ8:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: isc_OID_1):get: invalid index -1
                        [ERROR][listgridtest] - 00:20:18.956:WARN:RPCManager:Error performing rpcRequest: error: FAILURE, response: {clientContext: undef,status: -1,context: undef,startRow: 0,endRow: 0,totalRows: 0}
                        [ERROR][listgridtest] - 00:20:25.590:RDQ9:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: isc_OID_1):get: invalid index -1
                        Code:
                        00:19:24.281 [ERROR][listgridtest] 00:19:24.292:WARN:RPCManager:Error performing rpcRequest: error: FAILURE, response: {clientContext: Obj,
                        context: undef,
                        startRow: 0,
                        endRow: 0,
                        totalRows: 0}

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 00:19:24.292:WARN:RPCManager:Error performing rpcRequest: error: FAILURE, response: {clientContext: Obj,
                        context: undef,
                        startRow: 0,
                        endRow: 0,
                        totalRows: 0}
                            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:167)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:326)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:207)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:132)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:289)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
                            at com.smartgwt.client.data.DataSource.processResponse(DataSource.java)
                            at mytest.client.lib.GenericGwtRpcDataSource$1.onFailure(GenericGwtRpcDataSource.java:158)
                            at com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.RequestCallbackAdapter.onResponseReceived(RequestCallbackAdapter.java:237)
                            at com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:287)
                            at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilder.java:395)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:167)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:326)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:207)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:132)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                            at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
                            at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:281)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:531)
                            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
                        Code:
                        Initializing AppEngine server
                        Logging to JettyLogger(null) via com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
                        Successfully processed C:\Documents and Settings\Nikd\Desktop\ListGridTest\ListGridTest\war\WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml
                        Successfully processed C:\Documents and Settings\Nikd\Desktop\ListGridTest\ListGridTest\war\WEB-INF/web.xml
                        The server is running at http://localhost:3373/
                        [WARN] No file found for: /favicon.ico
                        [WARN] No file found for: /favicon.ico
                        [ERROR] javax.servlet.ServletContext log: yourServlet: An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
                        com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: This application is out of date, please click the refresh button on your browser. ( Expecting version 5 from client, got 7. )
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamReader.prepareToRead(ServerSerializationStreamReader.java:432)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:236)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:186)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
                        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
                        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.HeaderVerificationFilter.doFilter(HeaderVerificationFilter.java:35)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
                        	at com.google.appengine.api.blobstore.dev.ServeBlobFilter.doFilter(ServeBlobFilter.java:58)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
                        	at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.StaticFileFilter.doFilter(StaticFileFilter.java:122)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.BackendServersFilter.doFilter(BackendServersFilter.java:94)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
                        	at com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext.handle(DevAppEngineWebAppContext.java:70)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService$ApiProxyHandler.handle(JettyContainerService.java:351)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
                        	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
                        	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

[ERROR] javax.servlet.ServletContext log: yourServlet: An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
                        com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: This application is out of date, please click the refresh button on your browser. ( Expecting version 5 from client, got 7. )
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamReader.prepareToRead(ServerSerializationStreamReader.java:432)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:236)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:186)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
                        	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
                        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
                        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.HeaderVerificationFilter.doFilter(HeaderVerificationFilter.java:35)
                        	at com.google.appengine.api.blobstore.dev.ServeBlobFilter.doFilter(ServeBlobFilter.java:58)
                        	at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.StaticFileFilter.doFilter(StaticFileFilter.java:122)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.BackendServersFilter.doFilter(BackendServersFilter.java:94)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
                        	at com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext.handle(DevAppEngineWebAppContext.java:70)
                        	at com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService$ApiProxyHandler.handle(JettyContainerService.java:351)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
                        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
                        	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
                        	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
                        I can't find the error, since i have not altered any file from the file i downloaded.

edit: I just changed some parameters on project's options and worked! Though still i get some errors ( sometimes like WARN:RPCManager:Error performing rpcRequest: error: FAILURE, response: {clientContext: Obj,status: -1,context: undef,startRow: 0,endRow: 0,totalRows: 0} ).
                        Last edited by Nikd; 21 Jun 2011, 06:22.

Comment

Please can someone post an example with TileGrid and DataSourceImageField to display images?

Comment

Is it possible to do load on demand with this kind of architecture and using treeGrid without changing fetch method?

Or do I need to change the fetch method in order to identify which node has been selected and return children of this node?

Comment

I'll reply to myself.

After reading a little bit more the documentation, I can see that the Id of the selected node is set into the DSRequest within a criteria which is called "parentId".

Here is a piece of the GenericGwtRpcDataSource class

Code:
                              	@Override
                              	protected void executeFetch(final String requestId,
                              			final DSRequest request, final DSResponse response) {

//The ResultTree's DSRequests ask for the immediate children of a node only (by specifying parentId in the criteria).
                              		String parentId = request.getCriteria().getAttribute("parentId");
                                              //... take the parentId to pass it to the fetch method...

serviceAsync.fetch(parentId,
                              				new AsyncCallback<List<D>>() {
                              			public void onFailure(Throwable caught) {
                              				response.setStatus(RPCResponse.STATUS_FAILURE);
                              				processResponse(requestId, response);
                              			}

public void onSuccess(List<D> result) {
                              				List<R> records = new ArrayList<R>();
                              				for (D data : result) {
                              					R newRec = getNewRecordInstance();
                              					copyValues(data, newRec);
                              					records.add(newRec);
                              				}

response.setData(records.toArray(new Record[records.size()]));
                              				processResponse(requestId, response);
                              			}
                              		});
                              	}

Comment

So far I'm able to retrieve all information using generic class provided by marbot.
                                I'm also using load on demand but the next step is :

when expanding a node having children that are the latest level in the tree (having no children) I would like them to appear without the little "+" and with an other icon than a folder.

Is there a simple way to do that?

Thanks ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X