Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Spring Integration with LGPL - Possible?

I wanted to serialize a POJO defined in Spring Context. I went through the documents on Spring Integration and understand that it can be done only at Server and such feature is not available in LGPL version. Is this correct?
    Hence I am planning to create a Web Service and use XMLtools to communicate with it.

Aside, just a thought on the documentation. The showcase is really helpful to jump start. Feel that such integration strategies (not covered in showcase) could have been explained with sample code snippets (would be helpful for people like me :-))
    Thanks

The Pro/EE showcase and docs go quite deeply into integration strategies. If you're professionally employed, this is what you should be using.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that. Till my client purchases a pro version, would be using workarounds suggested (The WSDL Option). Hope this is possible.

Comment

Until you purchase Pro, just work with a clientOnly DataSource so you don't waste effort on a throw-away integration strategy.

Comment

Can Spring Security filters be still integrated irrespective of the Product type?

The security requirement is simple:
          Authenticate users (using Spring) and redirect to the welcome page (smartgwt page)
          I could see few examples on integrating GWT with Spring.
          http://seewah.blogspot.com/2009/02/g...-security.html

Since SmartGWT extends the behavior of GWT, Can such strategy be implemented?
          (Note: I find the widgets to be very powerful. I still wanted to use SmartGWT even if the client is not ready to buy Pro. license.)

Thanks
          Last edited by patb23; 2 May 2010, 03:13.

Comment

Yes, either product type. A user posted detailed instructions for doing it with the commercial product.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic Team,

Is it possible to Integrate Spring with smartclient LGPL using DMI/RPCManager calls only, because there is no requirement of Datasources in the project.

Comment

SmartClient LGPL can integrate with any kind of server, including non-Java servers (.NET, Ruby, etc), so yes.

However, when you say there is "no requirement of DataSources" this is probably not correct. If you have either a grid or a form, generally, you would want to be using DataSources. Revisit the QuickStart Guide to get a better understanding of what DataSources do, or consider one of our training courses.

Comment

indertakkar you should see the document about DataSources,it's very helpfull to rapid development

Comment

Working...
                  X