Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

smart + GWT diagrams

Hi,
    I'd like to know if it's possible use freely GWT Smart within GWT Diagrams libraries version 2. I need create diagrams, so if someone knows any other way to get it, please let me know.

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-diagrams2/

THX!!!

Should be possible but haven't tried it with this library. Check out http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#featured_gwt_integration to help you, SmartClient has a nicely featured charting module though you may want to consider.

Comment

SmartClient's module is definitely nice.

Do you happen to have any information about it's inclusion in SmartGWT?

Comment

Charts and graphs are completely different things though. The graphs are created by GWT-Diagrams, which are links and nodes. I haven't seen where SmartGWT or SmartClient has anything that does that, but would be really nice if they did. We use GWT-Diagrams on one of our projects with SmartGWT and we've had to do so many hacks to get the functionality working correctly.

Comment

SmartClient has a drawing module as well which could replicate the behavior, but not linked to a datasource. We've done it before with Fusion Charts (they have the graph concept) but certainly agree being able to have a readily available package like GWT-Diagrams which doesn't require a lot of hacks would be cool. Course could add something now for HTML 5 supporting browsers, would just leave out poor IE.
          Last edited by svjard; 1 Jul 2010, 12:52.

Comment

Dear svjard and dwells:

So, you both have (or had) a working graph drawer in SmartGWT, based on gwt-diagram and fusion chart, right?

Are you still using / maintaining your solution?

Is it available for use in other projects?
            (I am looking for something like that.)

Thank you for your help:

Csillag

Comment

Working...
            X