Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
    Just to be sure we are clear: In this latest example you have a SelectItem, bound to an optionDataSource [presumably handled through the DataSource field definition, either in Java or in the .ds.xml file], and you have 'allowEmptyValue' set to true, and an emptyDisplayValue set.
    And the bug is that while an empty option is present in the drop down list of options, it doesn't show the empty display value - right?

The issue here is that you have explicitly specified PickList fields for this item. In this case the system does not attempt to guess which field should show the empty display value for the special empty record at the top of the drop down - they're all left unset.
    To make this work you can call 'setEmptyCellValue("All")' on the ListGridField you want the empty display value to show up in.
    I have a similar issue posted here:
    http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?p=95867#post95867

But I MUST use optionDataSource. This is not a option, we will not stop using it. we can't and I'm not discussing this.

Anyway, the SmartGWT we are using (3.0p) does not hahve those methods: setEmptyCellValue and setAllowEmptyValue dispite the documentation shows.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X