Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid FilterEditor Event

Is there a specific event that gets fired when the filter editor icon (the funnel like filter icon) is clicked? I would like to add a handler for this action (e.g. filterClickedHandler) but can not seem to find one.

Isomorphic,

Is a handler for this event available?

Comment

A Yes or No answer would suffice. Isomorphic??

Comment

Bump +1

I would like to know the same

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

is there any handler for this event or not?
          We want to react after clicking on the editor filter button.

For your answer, thanks in advance.

Comment

Isomorphic?
            I think this is not a silly request.

Comment

I also think is not silly request :)

Comment

Me too. I need badly more control over the filter editor, so I can force it to always filter by the value of detail grid foreign key in a nested grid master-detail editor.

Comment

If you want fixed criteria added to a ListGrid, just call setCriteria() and they will be included in requests initiated by the FilterEditor.

For dynamically added criteria there has always been DataSource.transformRequest().

There is now as of recent nightly builds also a FilterData event on the ListGrid you can register for, which can be slightly simpler when you only want dynamic criteria applied to one grid.

Comment

It seems to me based on experiments that criteria set by setCriteria() are not really processed at all if the field is not visible (hidden/detail) and this is quite typical for master-detail table relation. DataSource.transformRequest() is certainly a viable option but I prefer to stick to declarative (XML) data source description as much as possible.

Comment

Having the FilterEditor (and listGrid as a whole) automatically track arbitrary criteria that is not shown in the FilterEditor is a relatively recent change - if you are using a nightly and are seeing some kind of issue with criteria not being preserved, please post a test case.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. How can I download nightly builds? They are not available on http://www.smartclient.com/product/download.jsp.

Comment

Nightly Builds can be downloaded from http://www.smartclient.com/builds

Select the specific product you need from the download list at the bottom of the page

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                            There is now as of recent nightly builds also a FilterData event on the ListGrid you can register for, which can be slightly simpler when you only want dynamic criteria applied to one grid.
                            Really great news!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X