Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Expandable ListGrid - vertical alignment problems

Hi,

I use expandable editable ListGrid. Once I expand a row and doubleclick it to start editing, the editing row is not vertically aligned (see attached image). As you can see on the image, there are 4 kinds of fields: TextItem (4x), ComboBoxItem, CheckBoxItem (editable), CheckBoxItem (read-only). Each item type is aligned differently.

What is the best approach to make them aligned?

Another, less important problem is that the editing fields outreach into expanded area. I believe this can be solved by a decent margin.

Thanks.

My environment:

Win-XP
    GWT 2.0.3
    SmartGWT 2.2
    SUN Java 1.6.0_12
    Attached Files

Just a bump.

I am getting exactly the same problem. Like karel.brezina, I have not found a solution for the misalignment of form elements while in edit mode which causes the rest of the expanded row to get out of aligment too.

Comment

Maybe this could work for some people as a workaround: do not allow editing of a given record if it is already expanded. If we do that, we will not have to deal with this sort of misalignments and its side-effects.

In order to do this, try the following on the ListGrid.

Code:
      /** Set the grid to edit a record when double-clicked. **/
      grid.setEditEvent(ListGridEditEvent.DOUBLECLICK);
      /** When entering edit mode, check that the record being edited is not already expanded, if so, collapse it. **/
      grid.addEditorEnterHandler(new EditorEnterHandler() {
          public void onEditorEnter(final EditorEnterEvent event) {
              if(event.getRecord().getAttributeAsBoolean("expanded")) {
                  grid.collapseRecord(grid.getSelectedRecord());
              }
          }
      });

Comment

There was a recent fix in this area that could correct this issue. Please let us know if you still see the problem using the latest nightly from smartclient.com/builds.

Comment

I downloaded the latest jars I could find in the nightly builds (dated 26-Sep-2010 20:08) and the problem is still there.

Comment

Clear your cache and look for other sources of possible staleness. If you are still experiencing a problem, please create a simplified, standalone test case that reproduces the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X