Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DynamicForm.valuesHaveChanged crashes

Hello.
    I'm working in a GWT application, using your SmartGWT product (release 2.2).
    I have written a little test case to show what I'm trying to do, to get some feedback about what could be wrong. Basically, I have a ListGrid with a partial view of a DataSource (only some fields), when one of the list cells is clicked, a form is loaded with the selected Record, allowing to edit its values. To avoid server requests, form rememberValues is called on edition, and before saveData, valuesHaveChanged is called to avoid communication is nothing changed.

Every time, DynamicForm.valuesHaveChanged is called, I get this exception, in development mode (on a Firefox 3.6.3 client):

Code:
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (null): null
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:195)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:507)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.DynamicForm.valuesHaveChanged(DynamicForm.java)
        at com.tid.test.client.ValuesChangedCrash$1.onClick(ValuesChangedCrash.java:39)
        at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ClickEvent.dispatch(ClickEvent.java:95)
        at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ClickEvent.dispatch(ClickEvent.java:1)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:65)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:53)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:178)
        at com.smartgwt.client.core.DataClass.fireEvent(DataClass.java:197)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannel.java:1713)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:165)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:507)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:188)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor38.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessages(BrowserChannel.java:1668)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:401)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    In the original code, I was working with ValuesManager to control a set of DynamicForm instances, with the same results.

Is there anything wrong in the usage I'm making of DynamicForm.valuesHaveChanged? Any idea to avoid this failure?

I'm attaching a testcase, to illustrate the effect.

Best regards.
    Attached Files

Do you see this in web mode, or with any other browser dev mode? There is a known issue with the latest GWT FF plugin that might be causing this.

Comment

In devel mode, using firefox.
      I've just tested with Chrome, in dev mode, and it doesn't crash. However, DynamicForm.valuesHaveChanged() returns always true, for changed or unchanged forms, using the attached example.

Comment

Hi guys,
        I am facing the same issue and i wonder if at last you could get it fixed.
        I am using GWT 2.0.4 and the latest smartgwt version. please let me know how it went for you.

Originally posted by mteira
        In devel mode, using firefox.
        I've just tested with Chrome, in dev mode, and it doesn't crash. However, DynamicForm.valuesHaveChanged() returns always true, for changed or unchanged forms, using the attached example.

Comment

This has been fixed. Try the next nightly build.

Sanjiv

Comment

Working...
          X