Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Retrieve value of listGridField from selected record

I am using a databound listGrid in SGWTEE. I would like to retrieve the value of a field in the currently selected record in a listgrid so that I can assign it to the foreign key of a related record I am adding. I am having trouble figuring out the best way to do this as I am not finding a getFieldValue or the like in the ListGrid javadoc. What is the best way to do this. An example or a pointer where to look would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Code:
    ListGrid.getSelectedRecord().getAttribute("myFieldName");
    Use getAttribute*() and the names of the fields. See the Javadocs since there are all sorts of getAttributeAs* functions, the example will return the value as a string.

Comment

Thank you svjard. . . that helps enormously.

Comment

See the Javadocs since there are all sorts of getAttributeAs* functions, the example will return the value as a string.
        Hi Svjard, I'm having difficulty finding where in the javadocs to find this info. . Could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Comment

See http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/core/DataClass.html, ListGridRecords derive from this class, it is just a bunch of helper functions to return back to your the value as a paritcular object.

Comment

Working...
          X