X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error about multiple fetch methods, all inherited from DataSource

Hi,

I get an error about multiple fetch methods:

http://screencast.com/t/NWJmM2Jj

They all seem to be inherited from DataSource. I have succesfully set up my environment to include the IDACall servlet with friends and defined my first DMI datasource. I get this message and I see that there is a fetch(String) and fetch(String,Object) defined in DataSource (that I inherit indirectly through BasicDataSource).

I guess I am doing something wrong, but would appreciate a pointer to get it right. TIA.

Sondre

DMI does not support multiple methods with the same name and different signatures.

Comment

But the methods come from the class DataSource in the jar, not my code. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Whatever class you use as a target of a DMI, it cannot have two methods of the same name that are the same the methodNameq you set on you're serverObject. So don't make a DMI targeting a method "fetch" and point it at a DataSource subclass, because yes, there are two methods named "fetch" on a DataSource.

Comment

Alright, thanks. So the to-the-point answer to my first question would be "your DMI class should not be a DataSource (extend [Basic]DataSource)".

Comment

No, your DMI class can be a DataSource, so long as you don't chose fetch as the serverObject.methodName.

Comment

Ah, thanks for clarifying. In the DMI sample this (using "fetch") is just what was done I guess. I was not yet aware that this was configurable and did not touch the sample config much, so I thought the DMI method calls for CRUD were hardwired.

Comment

Working...
              X