Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Drag from ListGrid to TreeGrid

I am trying to implement drag-and-drop from a ListGrid to a TreeGrid, and I am failing miserably. I've successfully implemented drag and drop from the tree to the list, but when dragging from the list to the tree I get a js exception thrown at me saying that isc.EH.dragTarget.getData isn't a function.

On the treegrid side I have a onFolderDrop handler that takes care of stuff that's being dropped on the tree, and on the listgrid side I have a onRecordDropHandler. However, when dragging from the list to the tree the onFolderDrop method is never entered, it blows up before that.

TreeGrid dnd settings:
    Code:
    grid.setDragDataAction(DragDataAction.MOVE);
    grid.setCanAcceptDroppedRecords(true);  
    grid.setCanReparentNodes(true);
    grid.setCanDragRecordsOut(true);
    grid.setCanReorderRecords(true);
    ListGrid dnd settings:
    Code:
    grid.setCanAcceptDroppedRecords(true);
    grid.setCanDragRecordsOut(true);
    grid.setCanReorderFields(true);
    JS exception:
    Code:
    11:03:11.155 [ERROR] [topicoverview] 11:03:11.167:MUP2:WARN:Log:TypeError: isc.EH.dragTarget.getData is not a function
        TreeGrid.drop(event=>{Obj}, eventInfo=>undef)
        Canvas.handleDrop(_1=>{Obj},  _2=>undef)
        [c]EventHandler.bubbleEvent(_1=>{Obj},  _2=>"drop",  _3=>undef)
        [c]EventHandler.handleEvent(_1=>{Obj},  _2=>"drop")
        [c]EventHandler.handleDragStop()
        EventHandler._handleMouseUp([object MouseEvent], undef)
        [c]EventHandler.handleMouseUp(_1=>[object MouseEvent])
        [c]EventHandler.dispatch(_1=>isc_c_EventHandler_handleMouseUp,  _2=>[object MouseEvent])
        anonymous([object MouseEvent])
        unnamed()
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 11:03:11.167:MUP2:WARN:Log:TypeError: isc.EH.dragTarget.getData is not a function
        TreeGrid.drop(event=>{Obj}, eventInfo=>undef)
        Canvas.handleDrop(_1=>{Obj},  _2=>undef)
        [c]EventHandler.bubbleEvent(_1=>{Obj},  _2=>"drop",  _3=>undef)
        [c]EventHandler.handleEvent(_1=>{Obj},  _2=>"drop")
        [c]EventHandler.handleDragStop()
        EventHandler._handleMouseUp([object MouseEvent], undef)
        [c]EventHandler.handleMouseUp(_1=>[object MouseEvent])
        [c]EventHandler.dispatch(_1=>isc_c_EventHandler_handleMouseUp,  _2=>[object MouseEvent])
        anonymous([object MouseEvent])
        unnamed()
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:501)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessages(BrowserChannel.java:1668)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:401)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    I'm running gwt 2.1 with smartgwt 2.2 (the build from last Thursday) in development mode on Windows 7 using Firefox 3.6.6.

Thankful for your help.
    Last edited by banang; 13 Jul 2010, 05:15.

Hard to imagine how this condition could arise (certainly those settings are not enough). In case you hit some kind of major one-night regression, it's worth retrying with the latest code. Beyond that, try to isolate the problem to code we can run.

Comment

Working...
    X