Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

taglibrary in JSF

Hi everyone

i want to give <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/iscTaglib.xml" prefix="isomorphic" %> in a jsf page.

but when i give like this i am getting error as content not well formated
    and when i searched in the forum i got
    xmlns:isomorphic="urn:jsptld:/WEB-INF/iscTaglib.xml"
    when giving this nothing happns. just a blank page and no errors.

From index.jsp i am calling the pages like
    <%
    response.sendRedirect(request.getContextPath()+"/examples/components/supplyItemDMI.jsp");
    %>

this works correctly. but when i give supplyItemDMI.jsf instead of supplyItemDMI.jsp nothing happens.

My aim is to get the FacesContext object in the javaclass which is populating a list grid.

can anyone please help me. i am new to this.

JSF uses a completely different rendering architecture and you are headed down the wrong path - it will not work.

To integrate an existing JSF application, identify a layer within your codebase that represents secure data services, and connect to that using DMI with entirely new SmartGWT screens, replacing existing screens one by one.

Isomorphic offers various services to assist with the migration.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

so if i use completely new smartclient screen, how should i get the facescontext object. i want to get the context root path. and also put and get the session bean objects.

now facescontext is returning null

Comment

You don't.

You create secure data services and call them via DMI.

This won't involve the FacesContext object, which is wrapped up in JSF's request processing flow, which is archaic and totally different from modern Ajax/RIA architecture. It will instead involve your code that enforces business rules and performs persistence being called by DMI.

Sorry if this is vague, but it's a very large topic. Training is the way to go.

Comment

ok.
          i am using DMI to call the java class, but using DMI also how will i get the deployed root path.

Comment

DMI passes you the httpServletRequest if you just declare it as a parameter. So you can probably use whatever strategy you were using before if it was based on the servlets API.

Comment

Thanks.
              it helps

Comment

Working...
              X