Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RestfulDataSourceSample

Hi,

I am using the smartGWT 2.2 RestfulDataSourceSample that comes with the Smart GWT Showcase. I have modified the example to FETCH data from a server rather than the static xml file. The FETCH operation works great and the data is loaded into the grid due to the .setAutoFetchData(true) setting. I have made the grid editable by setting the following methods to true on the grid:
    countryGrid.setCanEdit(true);
    countryGrid.setEditByCell(true);
    countryGrid.setEditEvent(ListGridEditEvent.CLICK);

As a result, I am able to edit to the table. However, I cannot figure out how to get the updated values sent to the server side. What triggers the UPDATE operation, which would call the value set in the datasources .setUpdateDataURL method?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Using the developer console, I noticed when I updated a field in the grid, it automatically sent an update rpc request. However, the url it sent the request to is not the url I used when I set the rest data sources setUpdateDataURL value. The attached screen capture illustrates the failed update url. It also displays the FETCH url, which was successful when the grid was auto loaded.

Not sure why the update Data url is not called correctly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X