Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to hide boders for tabset?

I don't need borders for a tab set. I tried all the possible methods but no effects on the tabset.
    Code:
     tabSet.setShowEdges(false);
     tabSet.setEdgeSize(0);
     tabSet.setBorder("0px solid blue");
    If i change the .tabSetContainer style, and set the border 0 in my CSS, then it works. It does not show the side edges and bottom edges. But a line still run through along the top edge. Is there anyway to get rid of the top edge? And I am not sure why above methods are not working.

Thanks for your attention.

I'm kind of looking for the same,
    for one TabSet, I don't want the TabBar. The TabSet provides a way to set the place, but not remove it completly (e.g. something like setTabBarPosition(Side.NONE) ).

Or is there some trick to achieve this?

The border around the TabSet is fine, but would also be practical to remove it someway.

Also, when I set setTabBarThickness(0), then the TabSet (and its first Tab) isn't rendered at all, instead of just the TabBar what I would expect.
    Setting it to setTabBarThickness(1) almost does the trick, but you can still see the place for the active Tab's title.

Comment

Any advice on how to hide the TabBar as a whole?
      I managed to hide most of the TabBar already, but there is just a height of 1 pixel and width == tab title that you can notice (if you're really looking at it). Completely removing the TabBar would be better though.

Comment

If you don't want a TabBar, you probably shouldn't be using a TabSet. You can just use show() and hide() to take a container such as a VLayout and show different contents within it.

Comment

I know, but I like the events defined on the TabSet, which, with another approach, I need to handle and 'fire' myself.

I've got my own tab controller (almost like a breadcrumb) so it would be great to use that controller with the current TabSet, but I just need to lose the standard the TabBar.

Ah well, I'll check to do it all by myself, indeed.

Comment

You are probably better off moving your breadcrumb et al code so it doesn't rely on TabSet if in fact in some cases you basically don't want tabs. But if you wanted to continue with your current hack you should try to hide() the TabBar (it's a child of the TabSet).

Comment

Ah, excellent, thanks. Searching for the "tabBar" child and hiding it works indeed.

Can't wait for the autochild feature to come to SmartGWT as well ;)

Comment

Working...
              X