Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to use another log4j.xml configuration file?

Hey there,

the default log4j configuration is configured in this file: log4j.isc.config.xml.

We want to use our existing log4j.xml configuration file. The syntax is no problem - we can simply add the appenders and loggers from log4j.isc.config.xml and add it to our file.

But how can we configure smartgwt to use this log4j.xml file? I cannot find any file which refers to log4j.isc.config.xml, so I do not see any way to configure this?

Please help me... Thank you!

Best regards,
    Kai

Why do that? Either add your definitions to log4j.isc.config.xml or just use standard log4j code to use your own file instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
      Why do that? Either add your definitions to log4j.isc.config.xml or just use standard log4j code to use your own file instead.
      Why do that? Because we have an application wide properites file for all other frameworks! We also want to integrate SmartGWT. So is it possible? How?

What do you mean with "use standard log4j code to use your own file instead"?

Comment

If you want to have your own log4j configuration file with it's own name, it's a few trivial lines of Log4j code to load it. The following Google search yields many examples.

Comment

If you want to have your own log4j configuration file with it's own name, it's a few trivial lines of Log4j code to load it. The following Google search yields many examples.
          I think you misunderstood: As I wrote in my first post, we already have a log4.xml file. We want to integrate the SmartGWT appenders and loggers to that file, so that we will only have one log4j file.

But how can we configure smartgwt to use this log4j.xml file? I cannot find any file which refers to log4j.isc.config.xml, so I do not see any way to configure this?

Comment

If you want to use your own file, copy the settings from the log4j.isc.config.xml file provided with SmartGWT to your own file.

Comment

If you want to use your own file, copy the settings from the log4j.isc.config.xml file provided with SmartGWT to your own file.
              I did.

But then SmartGWT complains, that it does not find "log4j.isc.config.xml".

But ok, so I simply can neglect this warning, right?

Comment

Or leave a file there with no settings, yes.

Comment

Working...
                X