Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Programmatically change pane margin

As it is today I cannot change the pane margin of a tabset (or am I wrong), but must instead do so by altering the line
    Code:
     paneMargin:5
    in load_skin.js. I would like to be able to modify this value through my java code rather than doing this. Is there any way that I can achieve this?

Further, I would like to be able to programmatically change the little image used in the grid filter, but the only way I've found of doing this so far is by changing the actual image in the skin. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by banang; 23 Sep 2010, 04:34.

Use setAttribute("paneMargin", newValue). A formal setter setPaneMargin() has been added and will appear in future versions.

The only way to affect the filter icon is via skin settings.

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

Actually, when I use

Code:
         this.setAttribute("paneMargin", "0", false);
        I get scrollbars around my tab panes, and setting

Code:
        this.setShowTabScroller(false);
        doesn't help.

Anyway of getting around this?

Comment

That just suggests that you have created content for the pane that is larger than the pane itself - use relative sizing like "100%" to avoid this. See also the Watch tab in the Developer Console to understand what component is large enough to introduce scrolling.

Comment

I'm already using relative sizes. All panes in my tab set inherit from the same super type, and none of them modify their proportions. The superclass does this:
            Code:
            this.setHeight100();
            this.setWidth100();

Comment

Take a look at the Watch Tab and be sure you understand which component is scrolling and which is too large.

Also bear in mind, some skins have media around the edges of pane container, hence it may not make sense to fill it completely.

If you need any further help beyond this, try creating a standalone test case and indicating the skin in use.

Comment

Working...
              X