Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

HTMLPane - Automatic Scrolling while selecting text

I'm using and HTMLPane to display some moderately lengthy textual information. I'd like the user to be able to start selecting text, and as the user moves the cursor down - selecting more text, I'd like the HTMLPane to automatically scroll down so that more text is visible and can be selected. The behaviour I see now when I start selecting text and move the cursor down out of the bounds of the pane, is the text selection stops. Any ideas on how to get it to scroll with the mouse?

Also I'd like for the user to be able to place focus in the HTMLPane, and hit CTRL-A to select all the text in the HTMLPane, and then CTRL-C to copy it. The behaviour now is that CTRL-A selects ALL the text in the browser window, which isn't very useful.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice on this.

I'm on SmartGWT Pro 2.3, nightly build from Sept 10th, on FF.
    Chris

HTMLPanes and other components will now automatically scroll down for native text selection (just as all components already automatically did for other types of drags).

Comment

Thank you for the enhancement! Is it in the 9-27 build? I just installed it, and doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

It's not in the 09-27 build. Look for the next build, which should be completing in a few hours.

Comment

Thanks again! I'll look for it later today or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X