Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DateTimeItem display format problem

Hi,
    I'm using SmartGWT 2.2 with Mozilla FF 3.6.10. I'm using DateTimeItem in the form a TextField & I've set displayFormat = DateDisplayFormat.TOEUROPEANSHORTDATETIME.

1. My first problem is when I enter value in it, it's taking format: 15/09/2010 00:00. (15th Sep, 2010). In my DB it's getting stored in format: Wed Sep 15 00:00:00 IST 2010.
    So when I get value from DB & use setValue(), it's displaying in the same format as the one of DB.
    Can anyone tell me how can I make both formats (Input & Display) same?

2. My second problem is if in case I can't change the display format & keep it as it is: Wed Sep 15 00:00:00 IST 2010, when I execute dynamicForm.validate(), it's showing me ERROR: startDate : Must be a date.

NOTE: dynamicForm is the form in which DateTimeItem is added & startDate is my reference variable name.

Thanks in advance.

What server integration approach are you using? Whatever it is, use Pro and you don't have to deal with issues of how dates are transmitted, it just works.

Comment

Thanks for your reply but for me it's not possible to use Pro.
      I just came to know that for my problem I can do parsing or formatting. But that too I'm not aware of how to use it. I expect someone who can tell me how to parse or format a String to Date in a desired format.

Comment

Working...
      X